Register now to remove this ad

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: 10/15 ALCS Game 1 @ Astros

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It looked to me like Arroyo did not break quickly enough. Yes, it was a hard hit ball, but the bad first step hurt his chances.

I thought brining in Houck to face the meat of the line-up was a good call.

I thought it made sense to go with multiple RP'ers in game one, after so many rest days. Now, we have Pivetta and Whitlock as long men for game 2. If we don't use Pivetta, maybe he can start or relieve ERod in game 3.

Speaking of "pitching," the Astros pitching is no better than ours, right now. We just faced their best available starter, and they faced our worst.

Stay positive. We got this!
    Oh, stop it, will you? You know very well the Sox haven't got a chance against the Astros. The team that loses the first game in a 7 game series always loses the series, especially if that team is the Sox. Plus it's the way the Sox lost last night that rankles. Guys didn't get hits. Pitchers gave up hits and runs. Sale only went 2.2 innings. I mean, the list goes on and on. Old Red had it right: Cora has no clue what he is doing out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Oh, stop it, will you? You know very well the Sox haven't got a chance against the Astros. The team that loses the first game in a 7 game series always loses the series, especially if that team is the Sox. Plus it's the way the Sox lost last night that rankles. Guys didn't get hits. Pitchers gave up hits and runs. Sale only went 2.2 innings. I mean, the list goes on and on. Old Red had it right: Cora has no clue what he is doing out there.
    You crack me up!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?