Register now to remove this ad

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: 10/16 SOX @ Astros ALCS Game 2 4:20PM

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    And I disagree wholeheartedly. It's not just that I think Cora needs as many pitching options as possible, especially when his bullpen has pitched 39 of the 63 innings the Sox have thus far played in the postseason, it's that the Sox don't have a bunch of talented position players not already on the postseason roster.

What they do have, however, is the best hitting lineup the Sox have ever had in the freaking postseason! Arroyo ain't hitting at 2b, but no way do we want Kike back there.

The one guy who clearly would have helped is Iglesias, who's ineligible.

People complain about Santana being there, but he has two real virtues: speed on the bases and versatility in the field. Shaw and Dalbec are acceptable pinch-hitters, plus Dalbec can play 1b or even 3b. Plawecki is OK as the #2 catcher. Who or what else does Cora freaking need?
    A third catcher, so we can PH for both of ours.

It's not really a big deal. It makes little difference, either way.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    When Jack Hamilton hit Tony C in the eye with a fastball, that was the worst thing I'd ever seen in a baseball game. In seconds a most likely fantastic baseball career was ruined.
    The Red Sox would have broken the curse well before 2004 if Tony C. hadn't gotten beaned. He was on his way to the 500+ home run club. A real tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    A third catcher, so we can PH for both of ours.

It's not really a big deal. It makes little difference, either way.
    Schwarber can catch in an emergency. He was drafted as a catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Christensen got a million bucks from the Cubs but never amounted to anything. I hope that beaning haunts him. He ruined one kid's career and, in a way, his own.
    Molina filed lawsuits but Wichita State had the courts wrapped around their little fingers. There was an out of court settlement reached but no details were ever officially released. Rumors were that Molina received $400K. (Molina is/was from the town I live in so it got quite a lot of play here).

When Jack Hamilton hit Tony C in the eye with a fastball, that was the worst thing I'd ever seen in a baseball game. In seconds a most likely fantastic baseball career was ruined.
    Yep, truly tragic. But at least that took place in actual game action and Hamilton didn’t do it intentionally. The Molina-Christendom incident happened while Christenson was warming up before an inning and he felt justified in doing it.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 10-17-2021 at 04:14 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Molina filed lawsuits but Wichita State had the courts wrapped around their little fingers. There was an out of court settlement reached but no details were ever officially released. Rumors were that Molina received $400K. (Molina is/was from the town I live in so it got quite a lot of play here).

Yep, truly tragic. But at least that took place in actual game action and Hamilton was sorry it happened. The Molina-Christendom incident happened while Christenson was warming up before an inning and he felt justified in doing it.

Yes, from Moline, I know. I live close by also.

Rookie
    that was the most devastating thing in baseball, that kid had a monster bat and before the age of 20 set records. That's why I went nuts when Clemens went for Piazza's head

Schwarber can catch in an emergency. He was drafted as a catcher.
    It's not a possibility unless both catchers are out. Having a third catcher allows 2 PHings in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by cukes View Post
    that was the most devastating thing in baseball, that kid had a monster bat and before the age of 20 set records. That's why I went nuts when Clemens went for Piazza's head
    I met Clemens in person. Rumors of him being a complete A-hole aren't rumors; it's a fact.

I met Clemens in person. Rumors of him being a complete A-hole aren't rumors; it's a fact.
    He's from Sugar Land. That's where I live. Everyone down here knows he's an A-hole and creep.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...-mlb-hot-stove

I can say the same thing times 2 about Barry Bonds. Total A-Hole.

I can say the same thing times 2 about Barry Bonds. Total A-Hole.
    Probably not a child molester, though.

Watching the Dodgers/Braves game. I've noticed that Max Scherzer has a slight resemblance to Max Patkin, who was the clown prince of baseball.

Watching the Dodgers/Braves game. I've noticed that Max Scherzer has a slight resemblance to Max Patkin, who was the clown prince of baseball.
    He'd sure look good in a Sox uniform.

Freddy Freeman has K'd 7 times in a row in this series. If a great hitter like Freeman can strike out 7 times in a row, anyone can. So when Schwarber or Bogey K's 3 times in game, remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He'd sure look good in a Sox uniform.
    I'm sure you mean Scherzer, because Patkin's dead.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 10-17-2021 at 09:03 PM.