Register now to remove this ad

Page 183 of 198 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2956

Thread: The 2021-2022 Offseason Thread

  1. #2731
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    58,123
    How many teams spent more than the Sox, this winter, on 2022 salary, only?
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #2732
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    37,346
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    How many teams spent more than the Sox, this winter, on 2022 salary, only?
    I don't know, but I think a more meaningful question would be about increases from 2021 payroll for tax purposes. Right now we're up about 30 million over 2021.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  3. #2733
    If we took on Wil Meyers And Hosmer ?How much would the Padres eat ? Wil has an ideal swing for Fenway and say what you want about Hosmer he is leaps and bounds better than what we have at First .Hosmer is a high average player still and Fenway may help that even more ...with a black hole at the plate like JBJ most nights it would be nice to have men on base to drive in. I am for this deal but understand 99 percent think this insane ...oh well.Have them throw in pitching ? Hosiery has regressed Defensively so it’s fair to destroy the thought .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 03-20-2022 at 05:00 PM.

  4. #2734
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    58,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know, but I think a more meaningful question would be about increases from 2021 payroll for tax purposes. Right now we're up about 30 million over 2021.
    So, I guess Kennedy was lying.

    LOL!
    Sox 4 Ever

  5. #2735
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    30,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't know, but I think a more meaningful question would be about increases from 2021 payroll for tax purposes. Right now we're up about 30 million over 2021.
    But are we done yet?

  6. #2736
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    58,123
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But are we done yet?
    Now that we're firmly over the first tax line, one has to wonder about future spending plans.

    Who else is out there as a difference maker?

    Could a trade be in the works?
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #2737
    Again Univision reporter suggesting the As love our farm system and we have a loaded farm to which they would trade Manea amongst others. This reporter says Boston Could keep Casas Meyer York Duran and still have a deep enough system to deal now easily .

  8. #2738
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Again Univision reporter suggesting the As love our farm system and we have a loaded farm to which they would trade Manea amongst others. This reporter says Boston Could keep Casas Meyer York Duran and still have a deep enough system to deal now easily .
    A team with a stronger farm system could probably top any Red Sox offer that does not include Triston Casas, Marcelo Mayer, Nick Yorke or Jarren Duran.
    Last edited by harmony; 03-21-2022 at 11:15 AM.

  9. #2739
    Id be surprised if the Sox get either without dipping into their top prospects or someone on the big league roster.

  10. #2740
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    2,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    If we took on Wil Meyers And Hosmer ?How much would the Padres eat ? Wil has an ideal swing for Fenway and say what you want about Hosmer he is leaps and bounds better than what we have at First .Hosmer is a high average player still and Fenway may help that even more ...with a black hole at the plate like JBJ most nights it would be nice to have men on base to drive in. I am for this deal but understand 99 percent think this insane ...oh well.Have them throw in pitching ? Hosiery has regressed Defensively so its fair to destroy the thought .
    Nothing, they will eat nothing. They will give you good prospects to take on that contract. Nows the time to take on a meets contract, platoon him with JBJ and get a prospect in return.

  11. #2741
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    If we took on Wil Meyers And Hosmer ?How much would the Padres eat ? Wil has an ideal swing for Fenway and say what you want about Hosmer he is leaps and bounds better than what we have at First .Hosmer is a high average player still and Fenway may help that even more ...with a black hole at the plate like JBJ most nights it would be nice to have men on base to drive in. I am for this deal but understand 99 percent think this insane ...oh well.Have them throw in pitching ? Hosiery has regressed Defensively so it’s fair to destroy the thought .
    Hosmer 2021 fWAR: 0.0.

    He's signed through 2025.
    C'mon, do something...

  12. #2742
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    58,123
    Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    A team with a stronger farm system could probably top any Red Sox offer that does not include Triston Casas, Macelo Mayer, Nick Yorke or Jarren Duran.
    They can likely top Duran, too.

    According to BTV, two Durans are needed to get Montas.
    Sox 4 Ever

  13. #2743
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52,487
    @ChrisCotillo
    The Red Sox make a minor move, claiming righty Kyle Tyler off waivers from the Angels and designating Hudson Potts for assignment.
    C'mon, do something...

  14. #2744
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    52,487
    From Fangraphs:

    Tyler gained about three ticks on his heater and slider in 2021, which helped him blossom from an org guy into a legitimate relief prospect. The righty comes at hitters straight over the top with a cutter that carries more than you’d guess based on the pitch’s spin rate and efficiency, and he pairs it with a vertically-oriented, almost 12-6 slider. His game basically boils down to tunneling those two offerings, as the other three pitches are mostly ornamental. He projects as an up-and-down spot starter or long reliever.
    C'mon, do something...

  15. #2745
    Red Sox, and Raffy can’t agree on a contract for this year, so looks like arbitration. Doesn’t look good going forward.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •