Register now to remove this ad

Page 84 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2956

Thread: The 2021-2022 Offseason Thread

  1. #1246
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Gausman reportedly expected to sign, soon with TOR or SFG.

    Scherzer expected to announce who he chooses, soon.

    Robbie Ray is on the top of the Angels' wish list.

    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #1247
    Some Sox fans are like the kid with his nose pressed up against the toy store window , looking in at all the toys that his folks can't afford to get him.
    Old school is good school.

  3. #1248
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Some Sox fans are like the kid with his nose pressed up against the toy store window , looking in at all the toys that his folks can't afford to get him.
    So true.

    Others swear their parents can afford the shiny toys but are just too selfish to buy them.
    Sox 4 Ever

  4. #1249
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    68,706
    Jon Gray to the Rangers
    Gausman to Blue Jays
    Kluber to Tampa
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  5. #1250
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rangers to sign Semien to $175M/7. That's $25M x 7. They also signed Kole Calhoun.

    Marlins sign Avisail Garcia to $53M/4. That's over $13M x 4.

    Byron Buxton agrees to extension for $100M/7.

    Kluber signs for $8M but can make over $4M in bonuses based on games started.

    Am I supposed to bash Bloom for not paying more on any of these FAs?

    Not!



    $175M/7 is to long a contract for Semien taking him to 38, and Moon stop worrying about if you’d be bashing Bloom if you were to question anything.

  6. #1251
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28,858
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rangers to sign Semien to $175M/7. That's $25M x 7. They also signed Kole Calhoun.

    Marlins sign Avisail Garcia to $53M/4. That's over $13M x 4.

    Byron Buxton agrees to extension for $100M/7.

    Kluber signs for $8M but can make over $4M in bonuses based on games started.

    Am I supposed to bash Bloom for not paying more on any of these FAs?

    Not!




    No.

    What you’re supposed to say, and do so by repeating after me, is “Holy flounder farts!! I remember when off-seasons used to be this fast-paced!! But I thought I’d never see it happen again!!”

  7. #1252
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    $175M/7 is to long a contract for Semien taking him to 38, and Moon stop worrying about if you’d be bashing Bloom if you were to question anything.
    I'm far from worried about that.

    It was meant as a joke meant to counter those who wrongly believe I never criticize Bloom.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #1253
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Jon Gray to the Rangers
    Gausman to Blue Jays
    Kluber to Tampa
    I was kind of hoping on Jon Gray over Wacha and us trading for Montas.

    I'd have been happy with...

    Montas
    Gray
    Iggy

    $56M/4 was a bit rich for my liking on Gray, so I'm fine with passing, there.
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #1254
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No.

    What you’re supposed to say, and do so by repeating after me, is “Holy flounder farts!! I remember when off-seasons used to be this fast-paced!! But I thought I’d never see it happen again!!”
    This Dec 1 lock out date has caused a big stir!
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #1255
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    A lot of big names coming off the board, quickly.

    I doubt we were seriously in on any of these guys, and it looks more and more like we may need to trade to find a solid #2 SP'er or go with Whitlock in the 3 or 4 slot.
    Sox 4 Ever

  11. #1256
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rangers to sign Semien to $175M/7. That's $25M x 7. They also signed Kole Calhoun.

    Marlins sign Avisail Garcia to $53M/4. That's over $13M x 4.

    Byron Buxton agrees to extension for $100M/7.

    Kluber signs for $8M but can make over $4M in bonuses based on games started.

    Am I supposed to bash Bloom for not paying more on any of these FAs?

    Not!



    I think Semien could make that contract look really ugly. He wasn't a sure thing for the vast majority of his career.

    I don't understand the Avisail deal at all.

    Twins are paying for Buxton's MVP upside, but the downside is he'll sit on the bench for 7 years.

    The Kluber signing is fine.

  12. #1257
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Some Sox fans are like the kid with his nose pressed up against the toy store window , looking in at all the toys that his folks can't afford to get him.
    You don't need Gausman son, you have Gausman at home already.

  13. #1258
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No.

    What you’re supposed to say, and do so by repeating after me, is “Holy flounder farts!! I remember when off-seasons used to be this fast-paced!! But I thought I’d never see it happen again!!”
    I think most people didn't expect this many guys to sign before the CBA expired.

  14. #1259
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    50,971
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    A lot of big names coming off the board, quickly.

    I doubt we were seriously in on any of these guys, and it looks more and more like we may need to trade to find a solid #2 SP'er or go with Whitlock in the 3 or 4 slot.
    There were lots of whispers that the Sox would be in on the SS market, but that hasn't happened. Wonder why that was floated out there at the start of the offseason.

  15. #1260
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    54,780
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    There were lots of whispers that the Sox would be in on the SS market, but that hasn't happened. Wonder why that was floated out there at the start of the offseason.
    Word is, we are still in on Baez.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •