Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football

Deity
    Looks like a rough start for a new HC with a new starting QB, and a real tough schedule starting at Ohio State for Norte Dame. ND is starting the season #5, but I don’t see them finishing in the top 10 this year.
    Last edited by Old Red; 08-15-2022 at 11:36 AM.

College Football begins!

My Domers are 16 point underdogs at Ohio St.

Time to "Wake up the echoes!"
    Sox 4 Ever

Georgia really showed just how much the PAC-10 sucks.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    College Football begins!

My Domers are 16 point underdogs at Ohio St.

Time to "Wake up the echoes!"
    Hanging tuff early, but not much of a offense. Long season for a first year coach with a tough schedule. Kelly got out just in time.
    Last edited by Old Red; 09-03-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Ohio State deserved to win, but the Irish looked pretty good. Maybe they will end up in the top 4. They'll have to beat Clemson and USC.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Ohio State deserved to win, but the Irish looked pretty good. Maybe they will end up in the top 4. They'll have to beat Clemson and USC.
    That’s being pretty optimistic. I’m not impressed with the QB, and wasn’t last year, or the Oline. I’ve been following ND for over 60 years, and this is far from one of their better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    That’s being pretty optimistic. I’m not impressed with the QB, and wasn’t last year, or the Oline. I’ve been following ND for over 60 years, and this is far from one of their better teams.
    They have a good D, and I think OSU was part of the reason we looked so bad.

We have a pretty easy schedule, except for Clemson (at ND) and at USC. Maybe at BYU might be tough.

It's not too hard to imagine a 1 loss team, but probably 2 is more likely and no #4 ranking.

We weren't ranked 5th for no reason.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    They have a good D, and I think OSU was part of the reason we looked so bad.

We have a pretty easy schedule, except for Clemson (at ND) and at USC. Maybe at BYU might be tough.

It's not too hard to imagine a 1 loss team, but probably 2 is more likely and no #4 ranking.

We weren't ranked 5th for no reason.
    Lots of the so called experts I heard before the season thought that ND was ranked to high. New coach, new QB, uncertain at RB. I think the schedule is going to be a lot tougher than you think, and time will tell on that.

Lots of the so called experts I heard before the season thought that ND was ranked to high. New coach, new QB, uncertain at RB. I think the schedule is going to be a lot tougher than you think, and time will tell on that.
    I look at the other teams not named Alabama, Ohio St, Georgia and Clemson, and they all have similarities to ND. Every year, one of these top 4 teams lose 2 games, due mostly to their schedule and conference playoff games, especially the SEC, where GA v AL will likely mean one gets its 2nd loss.

It's a free-for-all after the top 4 and ND has as good a chance as any, except they already have 1 loss.

I'm actually encouraged at how well they played at OSU. They looked better than I expected.
    Sox 4 Ever

Buchner doesn’t look very impressive. It often seems like QB play so what holds Notre Dame back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Buchner doesn’t look very impressive. It often seems like QB play so what holds Notre Dame back.
    I don't disagree, but he was playing against a very good defense, last night.

Certainly not like Joe Montana from my days at ND.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    I don't disagree, but he was playing against a very good defense, last night.

Certainly not like Joe Montana from my days at ND.
    The worst part last night was 18 yds on 11 carries.His legs has to be part of his game.

NCAA football brings out my grumpy side. It's semi-professional football sponsored by universities, with the richest universities fielding the best teams. Pretending that it's an amateur competition among student athletes is a joke.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    NCAA football brings out my grumpy side. It's semi-professional football sponsored by universities, with the richest universities fielding the best teams. Pretending that it's an amateur competition among student athletes is a joke.
    Agree 100% on that. Alabama is more professional than some NFL teams.

The Irish need to recruit big time quarterbacks. Lately they have been going with what in baseball are known as scrappy, dirt dog types. You are not going to beat the top teams with that. They will play to stop your running game and get your offense off the field. Then your defense will run out of gas in the second half. By the way, it is stupid to open your season on the road against a team that is better than you are. Better to start off at home vs a cupcake.
    Old school is good school.