Register now to remove this ad

Page 71 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1884

Thread: 2022 Prospects

T Miller with his 9th tater of the season. Go war eagle!

Rafeala makes the baseball America’s top 100 list! Amazing year by the kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Rafeala makes the baseball America’s top 100 list! Amazing year by the kid!
    Interesting that he's top 100, but SoxProspects has him ranked 8th. They are slightly down on him due to his hit tool and question if he's going to be able to make contact long term. If he's just JBJ, that's still a good prospect, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

From yesterday:

@SoxProspects
    Miguel Bleis went 3-for-5 with a double (6), two home runs (3), and three RBI (14) in today's 8-1 FCL Red Sox victory. The 18-year-old centerfielder is slashing .280/.326/.512 over 89 PA this season.

You can take or leave FCL stats, but it's nice to see Bleis show some of the pop that people have talked about. He may get a call up to Salem before the year is up.

@alexspeier
    Triston Casas, who hasn't played since May 17 due to a high right ankle sprain, will start a rehab assignment in the Florida Complex League today.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @alexspeier
    Triston Casas, who hasn't played since May 17 due to a high right ankle sprain, will start a rehab assignment in the Florida Complex League today.
    Great news. He might get enough PAs to give us an idea about how much we might count on him for 2023 and beyond.

(I think we find a 1 year 1Bman over the winter.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

From yesterday:

@SoxProspects
    Miguel Bleis went 3-for-5 with a double (6), two home runs (3), and three RBI (14) in today's 8-1 FCL Red Sox victory. The 18-year-old centerfielder is slashing .280/.326/.512 over 89 PA this season.

You can take or leave FCL stats, but it's nice to see Bleis show some of the pop that people have talked about. He may get a call up to Salem before the year is up.
    They jumped Rafaela from 19 to 8, but Bleis only from 8 to 7.

Would you put these two ahead of Yorke, Walter & Mata?

They jumped Rafaela from 19 to 8, but Bleis only from 8 to 7.

Would you put these two ahead of Yorke, Walter & Mata?
    Yorke has struggled so far, but still has a high ceiling.

Mata/Walter have MLB caliber arms. Both may be back end rotation guys. Maybe Mata finds more success in the pen? IDK.

I think SoxProspects is fine where they have them for now. I think once the book gets around on Rafaela, maybe teams start pitching him a little differently. We'll see. His power numbers have come out of nowhere. Fangraphs has his power listed as a 30 and he's mashing this season. I'd be much more sold on him if he started walking at a higher clip.

All things being equal, if Bleis and Rafaela continue on this trajectory, I'd assume that next year the ranking would start off as:

1. Mayer
    2. Casas
    3. Bello
    4. Rafaela
    5. Yorke
    6. Bleis
    7. Walter
    8. Mata
    9. Murphy
    10. Paulino

I'm assuming Winckowski graduates this season.

Yorke has struggled so far, but still has a high ceiling.

Mata/Walter have MLB caliber arms. Both may be back end rotation guys. Maybe Mata finds more success in the pen? IDK.

I think SoxProspects is fine where they have them for now. I think once the book gets around on Rafaela, maybe teams start pitching him a little differently. We'll see. His power numbers have come out of nowhere. Fangraphs has his power listed as a 30 and he's mashing this season. I'd be much more sold on him if he started walking at a higher clip.

All things being equal, if Bleis and Rafaela continue on this trajectory, I'd assume that next year the ranking would start off as:

1. Mayer
    2. Casas
    3. Bello
    4. Rafaela
    5. Yorke
    6. Bleis
    7. Walter
    8. Mata
    9. Murphy
    10. Paulino

I'm assuming Winckowski graduates this season.
    Looks right, to me. You have a good view on prospects.

I have three questions for you:

1) Who has the best chance to crack the top 10 by the end of the season?
    Lugo? Gonzalez? Jordan? Someone else?

2) Do you think these ranking's jumps were too much or too little?
    Hickey 30>19
    Kavadas 46>29

3) We had a big debate over Seabold over the winter, and you convinced me I was over-rating him. Now the question: has your view changed on him after his apparent success in AAA, this season?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Looks right, to me. You have a good view on prospects.

I have three questions for you:

1) Who has the best chance to crack the top 10 by the end of the season?
    Lugo? Gonzalez? Jordan? Someone else?

2) Do you think these ranking's jumps were too much or too little?
    Hickey 30>19
    Kavadas 46>29

3) We had a big debate over Seabold over the winter, and you convinced me I was over-rating him. Now the question: has your view changed on him after his apparent success in AAA, this season?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

1. If I had to rank: Blaze>Lugo>Gonzalez. Pitchers can move up quick, but Wikelman hasn't done much this year and is trending the other direction. Blaze has cooled off in July though.
    2. If Hickey can stick at Catcher, it's a fair ranking because his bat is legit. If he develops an average glove, he's an MLB starter. Kavadas was ranked too low to begin with. Koss is ranked 30th and Kavadas is a better prospect than Koss. Seems fine.
    3. I still don't see too much in Seabold. He's continued to have injury issues and his secondary pitches aren't what they used to play and now he's back on the IL. The gulf between AAA and MLB is enormous. In 3 starts in BOS, he's given up 15 ER. If another team asked about him, I would deal him.

1. If I had to rank: Blaze>Lugo>Gonzalez. Pitchers can move up quick, but Wikelman hasn't done much this year and is trending the other direction. Blaze has cooled off in July though.
    2. If Hickey can stick at Catcher, it's a fair ranking because his bat is legit. If he develops an average glove, he's an MLB starter. Kavadas was ranked too low to begin with. Koss is ranked 30th and Kavadas is a better prospect than Koss. Seems fine.
    3. I still don't see too much in Seabold. He's continued to have injury issues and his secondary pitches aren't what they used to play and now he's back on the IL. The gulf between AAA and MLB is enormous. In 3 starts in BOS, he's given up 15 ER. If another team asked about him, I would deal him.
    Fair enough.

I expected Kavadas to be near 21-24, so I guess 29 is not that far off.

I'd put Hickey near 15-17, so that's not far off, either.

I get the gulf between AAA and MLB is huge, but the numbers Seabold put up in AAA were pretty awesome.

.539 OPS Against (better than Wink, Bello & Crawford)

WHIP
    0.90 Walter (POR/WOR)
    0.96 Wink
    0.99 Seabold
    1.03 Murphy (POR/WOR)
    1.04 Bello (POR/WOR)

K:BB (This area describes his weaker area)
    87:10 Van Belle
    75:7 Walter
    66:16 Santos
    43:8 Winckowski
    51:14 Seabold
    76:22 Uberstine
    114:33 Bello
    101:31 Drohan
    102:35 Murphy

Fair enough.

I expected Kavadas to be near 21-24, so I guess 29 is not that far off.

I'd put Hickey near 15-17, so that's not far off, either.

I get the gulf between AAA and MLB is huge, but the numbers Seabold put up in AAA were pretty awesome.

.539 OPS Against (better than Wink, Bello & Crawford)

WHIP
    0.90 Walter (POR/WOR)
    0.96 Wink
    0.99 Seabold
    1.03 Murphy (POR/WOR)
    1.04 Bello (POR/WOR)

K:BB (This area describes his weaker area)
    87:10 Van Belle
    75:7 Walter
    66:16 Santos
    43:8 Winckowski
    51:14 Seabold
    76:22 Uberstine
    114:33 Bello
    101:31 Drohan
    102:35 Murphy

I think it's hard to really pinpoint these guys down to an exact slot. I think there's a general range where a guy fits in. Hickey feels adequately placed when surrounded by Binelas, Wong (who is making the case for being the BOS backup in 2023) and Ward. Kavadas seems to fit in with Drohan, German and Bonaci. With Hickey, I think there are still questions about his glove and if he can stick at Catcher. With Kavadas, he seems to really be a DH only profile which is why he's 29th rather than knocking on the top 20 door.

Because Seabold has good control, he can dominate AAA. The problem is, his stuff isn't good enough for the next level. Until I see it work there, I'm not sure I can believe in it. Think of Denyi Reyes in 2017-2018. He breezed through the low minors because of his control with ERAs in the 1's and low 2's. https://www.milb.com/player/denyi-reyes-660593 He eventually hit the wall where his stuff couldn't play up anymore. He has been getting smacked around in AAA this year in BAL, but has made some brief appearances for their MLB team (even starting in Fenway on 5/28).

I think it's hard to really pinpoint these guys down to an exact slot. I think there's a general range where a guy fits in. Hickey feels adequately placed when surrounded by Binelas, Wong (who is making the case for being the BOS backup in 2023) and Ward. Kavadas seems to fit in with Drohan, German and Bonaci. With Hickey, I think there are still questions about his glove and if he can stick at Catcher. With Kavadas, he seems to really be a DH only profile which is why he's 29th rather than knocking on the top 20 door.

Because Seabold has good control, he can dominate AAA. The problem is, his stuff isn't good enough for the next level. Until I see it work there, I'm not sure I can believe in it. Think of Denyi Reyes in 2017-2018. He breezed through the low minors because of his control with ERAs in the 1's and low 2's. https://www.milb.com/player/denyi-reyes-660593 He eventually hit the wall where his stuff couldn't play up anymore. He has been getting smacked around in AAA this year in BAL, but has made some brief appearances for their MLB team (even starting in Fenway on 5/28).
    Good points. soxprospects says he has 3 will show three "at least-average offerings." With a "strong pitchability and advanced command and control profile allow his arsenal to play up. At his best, can generate whiffs with three pitches..." I had hoped this meant he could be a decent 4/5 starter in the bigs. You were right about him losing velo since the injury.

I guess I'll go back to having little hope with Seabold.

I think Jordan, who is only 19, has had a better than expected year overall.

The 8 taters seem low, but it is at Salem.

However, he is hitting near .300, has 40 plus RBI’s and over 30 walks.

He is figuring it out, but has a chance to be the next on the top 100 list.

At Worcester, Murphy is throwing a great game. 7 innings and no runs surrendered.