Register now to remove this ad

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Yankees Regular Season Thread

Yanks still have the best run differential in the AL and second in the majors to LA. So, yes, they were that good.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yanks still have the best run differential in the AL and second in the majors to LA. So, yes, they were that good.
    They are very good. They are not as good as the team that started the year and not as bad as the team that is playing, now.
    Sox 4 Ever

I'd say the odds are against the Yankees beating the Astros given their history as well as how they Yanks have played in the 2nd half. But I'd still given them about a 40% chance of winning a series against them.

Pen completely implodes and the bats pick them up. Stanton with the big walkoff, hopefully he gets hot. Judge with #60. Wow

60 is amazing.

I hope he reaches 62 and the Yanks break the bank to sign him.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    60 is amazing.

I hope he reaches 62 and the Yanks break the bank to sign him.
    Long term I know it'll probably screw the Yankees roster construction (though it shouldn't because they're the highest earning franchise in MLB), but I still want the Yankees to re-sign him. It would destroy my soul a little to see him in another uniform, especially if it were the Mets.

The Yankees have to sign Judge. I don't think they have much choice in the matter.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Yankees have to sign Judge. I don't think they have much choice in the matter.
    There is nobody else they could sign to take away the pain of letting him go.

If Judge went to the Mets, signing Nimmo, deGrom and Bogey would not be enough to quiet the riot.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Long term I know it'll probably screw the Yankees roster construction (though it shouldn't because they're the highest earning franchise in MLB), but I still want the Yankees to re-sign him. It would destroy my soul a little to see him in another uniform, especially if it were the Mets.
    If the Yankees let him go, he will be a Met. Chances of that are between 99% and 101%…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If the Yankees let him go, he will be a Met. Chances of that are between 99% and 101%…
    That he goes, of that if he goes it has to be the Mets?
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That he goes, of that if he goes it has to be the Mets?
    If he goes, it will be to the Mets…

The Yanks have to re-sign him. Unless they think something is medically wrong with him, there is no reason to let him walk.
    LA face, Oakland booty...

In Yankee history , Judge is approaching the status of Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio,Mantle,Jeter and Mariano. There is no way they can let him walk away , much less to the Mets. They have to sign him , overpay or not.
    Old school is good school.

In Yankee history , Judge is approaching the status of Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio,Mantle,Jeter and Mariano. There is no way they can let him walk away , much less to the Mets. They have to sign him , overpay or not.
    If it wasn’t Bogey going for the batting title I would say I hope he wins the triple crown just to see them have to pay more, and more, and more.

Deity
    I agree they have to sign him, but you massively overstate the case. He’s not a Hall of Famer.

Fun side note - once Judge hits his next home run, Babe Ruth’s 60 HRs in 1927 will be the NINTH best season total in MLB history. But it will remain the highest total for a Hall of Famer…