Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Yankees Regular Season Thread

Banned
    Judge comes through with a clutch 2 run, 2 out single. 9-7

Banned
    Strong night continues for Stanton with a 2 run single. 11-7

14-7. Guys, this might be the year. Wow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    14-7. Guys, this might be the year. Wow.
    I wonder when the offense will start clicking......

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    I wonder when the offense will start clicking......
    Lol. Click, click, boom. Wow

Yanks sign Salazar to MiLB deal. He’s held together with paper tape and bubble gum, but why not? He was a dominant starter before succumbing to injuries. Maybe they can turn him into a lights out reliever?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yanks sign Salazar to MiLB deal. He’s held together with paper tape and bubble gum, but why not? He was a dominant starter before succumbing to injuries. Maybe they can turn him into a lights out reliever?
    it's worth a shot

Literally no risk. Why not?

Bombs away in Chicago. 7th inning up by 4 and the high leverage guys are in. Need to close out 5th win in a row
    Hal sucks

Donaldson hit missiles today. One caught by Pollock. Another snagged by Moncada. Then an RBI double and three run bomb. Offense is kicking in now.

Yanks miss Giolito this time around for the four game set. We get the shell of Keuchel today before facing Kopech tomorrow. ChiSox still down Lynn and Jimenez for our next rendezvous which comes in the Bronx five days after the end of the series tomorrow. Yanks caught the ChiSox at the right time then see Baltimore for 7 games in the next 10 before finally facing the surprising Rays. Over the next 12 games, we face CWS 5 times and Baltimore 7. Should be able to build on this big lead by the time we’ve got to face the Rays

Deity
    My HR Derby team is in first place thanks to Stanton, and Judge. Keep it going boys.

This lineup still hasn’t seen the best from Gallo or Torres. Who knows what Hicks has left either.

I think this Yankee team is going to add at the break, and will likely look to add an OFer. In the POs, Stanton can play RF and Judge can play CF, but if Gallo is still missing everything he’s swinging at and Hicks is washed up, we will need a corner OFer.

Interestingly enough, we don’t need power. A table setter would suffice and old Boston friend, Andrew Benintendi might be the guy who fits the bill. Makes a lot of contact, plays GG caliber defense, and is a lefty in YS

Keuchel turns back the clock, Chapman again cannot throw a strike. Still nearly walked away with a W. Cannot win them all

Chapman is a potential problem. A closer with a walk rate over 6 is not ideal.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Chapman is a potential problem. A closer with a walk rate over 6 is not ideal.
    No it isn't. The thing about Chapman is you kinda know what you're gonna get after the first batter. If he's chucking balls that aren't close, then you gotta pull him.

I do anticipate there being a "committee" at some point this season. I think the best option to close is actually Clay Holmes, who has just been death on batters since he got to NY. But Chap is still a great reliever
    Hal sucks