Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Yankees Regular Season Thread

2 reach on catcher interferences in the same inning?

How many times does that happen?

You guys are blessed, this season.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

But, but, but, the bullpen is going to meltdown, right?

The one to Judge was a gift since he swung at a pitch a foot inside. But the one to Stanton was a meatball pitch in a hitters count that would've probably been hit hard. In any case when you're a team as bad as the A's you find many different ways to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    The one to Judge was a gift since he swung at a pitch a foot inside. But the one to Stanton was a meatball pitch in a hitters count that would've probably been hit hard. In any case when you're a team as bad as the A's you find many different ways to lose.
    That was certainly different.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Yanks rally again. Pen was perfect again. Crazy that we got Trevino for Abreu and now Abreu is back with NY and is dealing.

They're destined for something. It better not be another first round elimination. Around here it's World Series or bust (we sure are entitled!).

This is definitely the most well rounded team they've had in awhile, and they can improve it at the deadline without a lot of reshuffling (another OF to replace Gallo/Hicks, another reliever to lengthen the BP, and maybe another back-end starter to eat some innings and keep Cortes/Taillon/Sevy fresh for the later months). Who knows how the team will look or will be playing three months from now, but up to this moment they've looked like the best team in baseball.
    As much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree that the Yankees not only look like the best team in baseball, but they are currently the best team in baseball. I'm a big fan of run differential, and outside of the Dodgers, who are 20 runs behind the Yankees in differential, no other team comes close.

The good news for non Yankees fans is that once you get to the playoffs, randomness takes over. Obviously, I'm hoping for a first round elimination for the Yankees, but I'll settle for a second round exit.

The Yankees, as always, are very lucky.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Yankees, as always, are very lucky.
    Exactly how is this luck? The catcher made a couple of bad plays.

Banned
    Another stellar outing by the Yanks' staff and just enough offense to squeak out a win against a very tough pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    Exactly how is this luck? The catcher made a couple of bad plays.
    Well, the opposing catcher having 2 catcher inference calls is certainly not something I would credit to the Yankees as a skill.

Besides, I wasn't even particularly referring to that. I'm talking in general.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Well, the opposing catcher having 2 catcher inference calls is certainly not something I would credit to the Yankees as a skill.

Besides, I wasn't even particularly referring to that. I'm talking in general.
    Certainly not a Yankee skill. But I don't attribute errors on the other team's behalf as being lucky either. And I disagree that the Yanks have any more luck than other teams. Over the course of a season every team will have some breaks that fall their way and times when they fall the other way. It's baseball.

Regression hitting Taillon pretty hard. Might need to skip a start or a phantom IL stint, he's on pace to throw about 180 regular season innings and that's probably higher than you'd want after just coming back from surgery.

Banned
    Regression hitting Taillon pretty hard. Might need to skip a start or a phantom IL stint, he's on pace to throw about 180 regular season innings and that's probably higher than you'd want after just coming back from surgery.
    He had a rough first inning and then settled down to pitch a decent 5 innings in total. The big bats did more damage and we swept another series.

He did settle down somewhat, but he had runners on base all day against a weak Oakland lineup and was pretty fortunate to only give up 3.

He had a 2.30 ERA over his first 10 starts and a 5.68 ERA over his last 5 starts. He hasn't reached 6 innings in any of those five starts. I wouldn't say it's alarming, but it should be of some concern.
    Last edited by bkzwhitestrican; 06-29-2022 at 04:46 PM.

I can vouch for the weakness of Oakland's lineup. I went to the Tuesday night game when they were at Fenway a couple of weeks ago. Vogt went 1-1 with a HR and 2 walks, but everybody else looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing up there
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you