Register now to remove this ad

Page 136 of 264 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3951

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I don’t think Renfroe was all that heavily sought after. Tampa didn’t want him for a mere $3mill just a year earlier.

Certainly any pitcher you could get for Renfroe you probably don’t want. And if the goal was to bolster OF defense, Bradley was a perfect fit…
    He didn’t have 96 RBI when Tampa let him go. He had 96 RBI when Bloom let him go. Not only was getting JBJ back a bad move, but taking on that salary made things worse. Bad by Bloom all the way around. FINAL ANSWER.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    He didn’t have 96 RBI when Tampa let him go. He had 96 RBI when Bloom let him go. Not only was getting JBJ back a bad move, but taking on that salary made things worse. Bad by Bloom all the way around. FINAL ANSWER.

The 96 RBIs was flukey. He hit 31 HRs and came up with 198 runners in scoring position (and 354 total on base). Compare that to his 2019, when he hit more home runs (in Petco, no less) but only came up with 125 RISP and 254 total on base. So only 64 RBI, obviously.

The only aspect of RBI he can control is the home runs. The rest is on his teammates…

All-Star
    The 96 RBIs was flukey. He hit 31 HRs and came up with 198 runners in scoring position (and 354 total on base). Compare that to his 2019, when he hit more home runs (in Petco, no less) but only came up with 125 RISP and 254 total on base. So only 64 RBI, obviously.

The only aspect of RBI he can control is the home runs. The rest is on his teammates…
    weren't you the one just stating that "he only has 6 more rbi's than jackie"?

It’s not about Renfroe. It’s about taking back JBJ, and his salary. Milwaukee was crazy to give JBJ that contract in the first place, and Bloom was even crazier to take him, and his salary back. Are you defending JBJ, or Bloom? Either way it’s not working.

It’s not about Renfroe. It’s about taking back JBJ, and his salary. Milwaukee was crazy to give JBJ that contract in the first place, and Bloom was even crazier to take him, and his salary back. Are you defending JBJ, or Bloom? Either way it’s not working.
    Why don’t we wait to see how binelas and Hamilton develop before pinning “crazy” on Hang’em Chaim!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Why don’t we wait to see how binelas and Hamilton develop before pinning “crazy” on Hang’em Chaim!
    All I care about is what’s happening now, and not what might happen with 2 prospects who might, or might not ever play in a Red Sox uniform. I feel that to much wishing, and hoping goes into all these prospects. Let’s just sell off a bunch of expiring contracts, and get back prospects. Prospects will take the place of Bogey, JD, Evol, and whomever else they can deal. Seems like a bad way to go to me, but it always seems like prospects is the magic word on here, and the fix for everything.
    Last edited by Old Red; 05-17-2022 at 10:46 PM.

All I care about is what’s happening now, and not what might happen with 2 prospects who might, or might not ever play in a Red Sox uniform. I feel that to much wishing, and hoping goes into all these prospects. Let’s just sell off a bunch of expiring contracts, and get back prospects. Prospects will take the place of Bogey, JD, Evol, and whomever else they can deal. Seems like a bad way to go to me, but it always seems like prospects is the magic word on here, and the fix for everything.
    I agree with the fact that this season is the only one we are playing. The future may or may not exist for any prospects. I don't know how many more years any of you might have to enjoy this team but I'm not buying green bananas at this point. With this franchise and its resources, the Red Sox should be competitive every year. It has been way up or way down like a roller coaster for the past decade. Something is wrong on Yawkey Way

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I agree with the fact that this season is the only one we are playing. The future may or may not exist for any prospects. I don't know how many more years any of you might have to enjoy this team but I'm not buying green bananas at this point. With this franchise and its resources, the Red Sox should be competitive every year. It has been way up or way down like a roller coaster for the past decade. Something is wrong on Yawkey Way
    You’re right, and many do mention the team’s high payroll, but that roller coaster happens to often.

In Bloom’s defense, he didn’t plan on the upswing last year. What’s happening now was supposed to happen last year

All-Star
    This place is such a ghost town that I think I just saw a tumbleweed roll by........

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    In Bloom’s defense, he didn’t plan on the upswing last year. What’s happening now was supposed to happen last year
    I don't think that's true about last year, jacks. Bloom made moves that helped the team last year. Pivetta, Kike, Renfroe etc. Then picking up Schwarber, Iggy and Shaw down the stretch.

This year everything is going wrong. And a lot of that is on him for sure.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    This place is such a ghost town that I think I just saw a tumbleweed roll by........
    And Yankee fans don't post nearly as much here when they're not going good.

No surprise that they're busy as beavers here lately...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't think that's true about last year, jacks. Bloom made moves that helped the team last year. Pivetta, Kike, Renfroe etc. Then picking up Schwarber, Iggy and Shaw down the stretch.

This whole “intended to tank last year” is complete bullshit.

If the Sox intended to tank last year, they certainly forgot to trade numerous multi year dess as LD that were far, far more valuable in a trade. If you’re wondering what Bogaerts or Eovaldi might be worth this July, just remember they were worth three times as much last July.

Selling off Hunter Renfroe is not tanking. It’s Standard Operating Pricedure. The guy is on his fourth team in four years damnit..

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

A lot of this year in on the players, too. The Sox are getting career worst seasons from Hernandez, Verdugo, and Story. All Bloom guys, but all their worst seasons at once?

Now I do blame him for Dalbec, who doesn’t need to be in there any more…

It does sting that Benintendi, Renfroe and even Mike Chavis are all posting decent offensive numbers with their new teams, while our offense outside the Big 3 are posting awful numbers. Either the trades were bad or our coaching got bad or something...