Register now to remove this ad

Page 144 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3951

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part II

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The jury is clearly still out on Bloom. Did anyone really expect a WS win with the winter spending budget he was given before 2020 and 2021.

This year was different, and it's only May.

I guess some of didn't expect great things within 2-3 years.

I see the farm has been rebuilt faster and better than I expected.

I saw a horrendous lower 40 man roster in 2020. I saw an impressive improvement on deepening our roster in 2021.

I thought this past winter could be used to build on the top of the 40 man roster, but sadly, we passed on adding a decent OF'er or an ace.

Wacha, Hill and Strahm have done well. Story and Diekman not well, at all, so far.

The Beni trade was not meant to be an instant success. The hope & prayer Cordero has disappointed. Winckowski has done all he could do to rise up to be ML ready, now. I think the trade is too early to judge.

The Renfroe trade looks very questionable, too, but the results are not in on that one, yet.

The Betts deal looked like an organizational choice- not just Bloom.

I've been a defender of Bloom, but I know expectations run high in Boston, especially with a budget like we have had, but much of that budget was from DD, and the Price burden was real.

We have some good foundational Bloom players going forward, namely Whitlock and Pivetta and pretty much a blank slate budget, this winter. I think he deserves a chance to show what he can do when out from under DD's shadow.

Obviously others disagree and or had higher expectations.

Agree with most, but I think the Betts trade looks worse every day, and Dugy is just turning into more of a JAG everyday, and I have always said that some pitching should have come back in the trade. I’ve mentioned before that I’m on the fence with regards to Bloom, but for there have to be a rebuild, or any kind of a cliff when you have Bogey, Raffy, and JD’s talent just wasted with that thought process doesn’t make much sense to me.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    1) Henry and Werner hired Bloom.
    2) Henry and Werner signed off on acquiring Story.
    Very good, but did Henry, and Werner tell Bloom to lowball Bogey?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Very good, but did Henry, and Werner tell Bloom to lowball Bogey?
    They had to be in on it.

As you may recall, it was Henry himself who made the public statement about screwing up with Lester...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What other venues aside from talk radio?
    We’ve already gone through that before with TV (3), talk radio(3), and newspapers (2). All calling in are fans just like everyone on here, and all have many different opinions compared to on here.

1) Henry and Werner hired Bloom.
    2) Henry and Werner signed off on acquiring Story.
    1)... quite possibly, as one order of business, to get rid of Price and get something for Betts.
    2)... no doubt -- but we'll never know if they pressed for that signing, or merely agreed to it.

If Bloom does trade Bogaerts and Devers in the next year, he will have dealt the four best homegrown players the Red Sox have produced in the past decade; how many will make the Hall of Fame (and I don't mean Chavis)?

Deity
    They had to be in on it.

As you may recall, it was Henry himself who made the public statement about screwing up with Lester...
    I recalled just like I recalled Henry meeting with Lester in the parking lot. The question is was why was the offer so low?

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    1)... quite possibly, as one order of business, to get rid of Price and get something for Betts.
    It almost sounds like you're saying they hired him mainly to take care of that one dirty deed LOL
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Agree with most, but I think the Betts trade looks worse every day, and Dugy is just turning into more of a JAG everyday, and I have always said that some pitching should have come back in the trade. I’ve mentioned before that I’m on the fence with regards to Bloom, but for there have to be a rebuild, or any kind of a cliff when you have Bogey, Raffy, and JD’s talent just wasted with that thought process doesn’t make much sense to me.
    Is this what people think a rebuild looks like?

Deity
    We’ve already gone through that before with TV (3), talk radio(3), and newspapers (2). All calling in are fans just like everyone on here, and all have many different opinions compared to on here.
    Most sports journalists consider it their job to create controversy where none exists…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Is this what people think a rebuild looks like?
    Looks like a Cluster F to me.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Most sports journalists consider it their job to create controversy where none exists…
    What’s sports journalist got to do with all the fans who call, and have so many different opinions as on here? It’s like the old TV show Who Do You Trust. On here it’s overwhelmingly Bloom, but off of here not so much.
    Last edited by Old Red; 05-19-2022 at 01:07 PM.

If he had tried a total tear-down and Build-up year one, he'd have been roasted alive.

I felt the same way after we traded Lester, lackey, peavy, Doubront and Miller. We traded for ML talent or ML ready prospects. It ended up working, but we suffered through 3 last places in 4 years in the process.

Had we not traded Betts, and you know my feeling on him, we'd have not only had to pay him but also Price's whole deal.

DD chose to sign Price and extend Sale and Big Nate- not devers, betts or Bogey. Bloom got it all thrown in his lap, along with spending limits and a vacant bottom 15-18 on his 40 man roster.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I recalled just like I recalled Henry meeting with Lester in the parking lot. The question is was why was the offer so low?
    He did say he'd consider a team-friendly deal, but that was an absurd offer. Why not come back with a bigger one, right away, if not just to try and save face.

I had the feeling they never wanted him back at the expected rate, and their final offer was a ruse to placate fans. (Just my opinion.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    I get what you are saying, but to me to not go all in when you have Bogey Raffy, and JD is just wasting talent to me.

Deity
    I get what you are saying, but to me to not go all in when you have Bogey Raffy, and JD is just wasting talent to me.

The big issue right now is that one of the most important and most expensive players isn’t doing anything…