Register now to remove this ad

Page 342 of 812 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 12173

Thread: Fire Bloom .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It wasn't the AAA version of Larry either. It was the real deal.
    So one brief stop at the crossroads along the way to teach Robert Johnson to play guitar...

Deity
    It wasn't the AAA version of Larry either. It was the real deal.
    I guess Theo wasn’t available.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Winning, and losing is the only thing that counts in the long run, good plan, or bad plan. I’ve already given my opinion on where a plan should start, and that is Bogey, or Raffy coming, or going, or both. The contract offers both got, before the season even started looks like Bloom looking for his first idea, and it hasn’t come to him yet.
    Didn't ask about your plan. But I will say, if your plan is for Raffy and Bogey to be "coming, or going, or both", it probably differs from Bloom, who won't simply sit down and plan by listing all possible (and even one impossible) outcomes...

Deity
    It was a chilly night which is how our hero wound up in this predicament to begin with!
    Wait!! Is our hero the poster? Or Larry?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So one brief stop at the crossroads along the way to teach Robert Johnson to play guitar...
    We'll have to ask him about Robert Johnson the next time he comes in.

https://www.talksox.com/forum/member...-SoxFanForsyth

I'm more of a Blind Willie Johnson man myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Wait!! Is our hero the poster? Or Larry?
    C'mon now.

Deity
    C'mon now.
    Not like I had a name! Not even the fake one he uses here!

Deity
    Didn't ask about your plan. But I will say, if your plan is for Raffy and Bogey to be "coming, or going, or both", it probably differs from Bloom, who won't simply sit down and plan by listing all possible (and even one impossible) outcomes...
    You have to have an idea first, before you can formulate a plan, and I think Bloom is still looking for that first idea thus the looking for the third option at the fork in the road analogy, because if those first offers to Bogey, and Raffy were his plan he’d better come up with a new one, because that certainly didn’t work.

Deity
    You have to have an idea first, before you can formulate a plan, and I think Bloom is still looking for that first idea thus the looking for the third option at the fork in the road analogy, because if those first offers to Bogey, and Raffy were his plan he’d better come up with a new one, because that certainly didn’t work.
    Again, you're operating on the assumption that just because you don't know the plan, there isn't one. And listening to Felger and Mazz actually doesn't put you in the know; they don't talk to Bloom either...

Major Leaguer
    I realize that, but the big question is do they. If the trade deadline is any indication I’m not so sure. As I have voiced many times I’m not in the Bloom I trust camp, and to me this off season will go a long way in showing if Bloom is a Boy Wonder, or a Boy Blunder.
    I believe that they have a plan and it’s right in front of us, the Rays plan, have one or two players with draw appeal (Franco now Kiermaier soon to be gone) invest in pitching, and have a few prospects with cheap minor league contracts, and some low cost one year free agents and hope you catch lightning in a bottle

Deity
    Again, you're operating on the assumption that just because you don't know the plan, there isn't one. And listening to Felger and Mazz actually doesn't put you in the know; they don't talk to Bloom either...
    And you are operating on the assumption there is a plan based on what? Your devotion, and trust in Bloom? I haven’t listened to Felger, and Mass for sometime now, but even when I did I didn’t base any opinion on what Mass said just like I don’t on anything you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobe2 View Post
    I believe that they have a plan and it’s right in front of us, the Rays plan, have one or two players with draw appeal (Franco now Kiermaier soon to be gone) invest in pitching, and have a few prospects with cheap minor league contracts, and some low cost one year free agents and hope you catch lightning in a bottle
    The Rays never sign Story for $140M/6.

The Rays would have sold off Bogey a year or three ago.

The Rays would have traded Kiki, Nate, Wacha, Hill and Strahm at the deadline.

The Rays would never have traded for JBJ's contract or Ottavino's.

Need more?
    Sox 4 Ever

They did talk to John Henry once, which is just about as good as SoxfanForsyth did!

Deity
    They did talk to John Henry once, which is just about as good as SoxfanForsyth did!
    JH graced them with his presence on the show out of the kindness of his heart to help them with ratings. What a guy.

Major Leaguer
    [QUOTE=moonslav59;1498842]The Rays never sign Story for $140M/6.

The Rays would have sold off Bogey a year or three ago.

The Rays would have traded Kiki, Nate, Wacha, Hill and Strahm at the deadline.

The Rays would never have traded for JBJ's contract or Ottavino's.

Need more?
    [/
    All I can say is maybe Bloom wasn’t the star in Tampa we thought he was if he made that many mistakes, or he realized he would have been run out of Boston or probably a combination of both