Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 165 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part III

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I could care less what Tony Masshole ever says. He just knows how to state the obvious. It doesn't take much of a baseball mind to figure out that 11-20 ain't good.
    It’s not just Tony Mass who is saying it, and if you go out on the many venues that I do you don’t get all the I trust Bloom, and Cora, and they know what they are doing that you get on here. Lots of anger, and frustration, and blame, and at this point the Red Sox deserve all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I could care less what Tony Masshole ever says. He just knows how to state the obvious. It doesn't take much of a baseball mind to figure out that 11-20 ain't good.
    What a surprise that the year NESN adds him to the broadcast that the entire product becomes unwatchable. Good job guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    What a surprise that the year NESN adds him to the broadcast that the entire product becomes unwatchable. Good job guys!
    I think Tony Mass does a good job, but if he is unwatchable to you OB is to me. He is no Donny O.

Deity
    NESN ratings are so low, because of the product on the field not who is in the booth.

Banned
    Buster Olney
    @Buster_ESPN
    ·
    1h
    There are currently seven teams on pace to win 100 or more games -- Yankees, Astros, Angels, Mets, Brewers, Dodgers, Padres -- and six on pace to lose 100 or more games... Red Sox, Royals, Tigers, Nationals, Cubs, Reds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    NESN ratings are so low, because of the product on the field not who is in the booth.
    Bingo

I think Tony Mass does a good job, but if he is unwatchable to you OB is to me. He is no Donny O.
    I am no OB fan. The TBS product the other night was very enjoyable IMO.

I think it's both, honestly. I think you can have a mediocre product on the field, but people will still tune in if they enjoy who they are listening to.

When I lived in LA, I listened to Dodgers games all the time. I didn't care about the Dodgers in the least. I didn't care about their players or whether they won or lost. I just liked listening to the GOAT, Vin Scully.

Deity
    I think it's both, honestly. I think you can have a mediocre product on the field, but people will still tune in if they enjoy who they are listening to.

When I lived in LA, I listened to Dodgers games all the time. I didn't care about the Dodgers in the least. I didn't care about their players or whether they won or lost. I just liked listening to the GOAT, Vin Scully.
    NESN rating were down last year too until the end of the year, and I liked Scully too. Back in the day you could pick up lots of the baseball markets on the old AM transistor and listen to the Ernie Harwells,and Bob Princes and many other great announcers back then.

Deity
    I am no OB fan. The TBS product the other night was very enjoyable IMO.
    Somebody wanted OB in, and pushed Donny O out.

Somebody wanted OB in, and pushed Donny O out.
    The muppet man, Tom Werner. I believe he was also the architect of the Pablo Sandoval era.

NESN rating were down last year too until the end of the year, and I liked Scully too. Back in the day you could pick up lots of the baseball markets on the old AM transistor and listen to the Ernie Harwells,and Bob Princes and many other great announcers back then.
    I do remember that. I'd channel 'surf' and pick up a random game.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Yup. Me too. And then they got Mookie.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Bogaerts just said he's open to negotiations during the season. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants to leave Boston.

Most of us view the Story deal and the pretend extension to Xander as the look of a front office ready to move on. But now, if there are no subsequent offers from the Sox, get ready for the big purge...

In describing what he wants, Bogey only used the same word once said by Betts a few years ago: a "fair" offer. It can be assumed that each expected fair market value, to get paid at current industry rates commensurate with players of their caliber.

And for those convinced Mookie wanted out of Boston, remember the day after he was traded that Jim Rice on NESN quoted Betts from a personal phone call: "This is where I want to be."

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Bogaerts just said he's open to negotiations during the season. That doesn't sound like a guy who wants to leave Boston.

Most of us view the Story deal and the pretend extension to Xander as the look of a front office ready to move on. But now, if there are no subsequent offers from the Sox, get ready for the big purge...

In describing what he wants, Bogey only used the same word once said by Betts a few years ago: a "fair" offer. It can be assumed that each expected fair market value, to get paid at current industry rates commensurate with players of their caliber.

And for those convinced Mookie wanted out of Boston, remember the day after he was traded that Jim Rice on NESN quoted Betts from a personal phone call: "This is where I want to be."
    The only thing is, "fair market value" is a matter of opinion. There's no consistency at all in the deals guys get.

Seager got $325 million.
    Correa, who is 5 months younger and has a higher career WAR, got $105 million (with opt-outs each year).

That's a wild disparity for two similar players.

It's not a rational market.
    Last edited by Bellhorn04; 05-16-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.