Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 165 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's the common perception, but we lived through those last place finishes in 2012, 2014 and 2015.
    They actually drew better both at home and on the road during those 3 seasons than they are so far this season

But as I am sure moon will point out, it could be weather related

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I disagree. If 2023 includes Casas and Bello playing well, I think fans will have more hope in Bloom's plan for the future.

Yorke and Mayer could be up in 2024.
    I know on here most trust Bloom, and his plan, and prospects, prospects, prospects. Outside of on here not so much on the Bloom front. Yes they want to see Casas too, but they want to see Casas playing with Bogey, and Raffy, and not Story, and whoever else Bloom can come up with. Outside of here people are not happy with the whatever you want to call it offer to Bogey. There is lots of wishing, and hoping that the Casas, Mayer, and the rest turn out to be good players, but if not serious problem. Outside of here Bloom to some has worn out his welcome already to go with the thinking that what may work in Tampa will not work in Boston. You can’t get a much more drastic difference in the fan base then you get in Tampa, and Boston. I’m on the fence right now on Bloom, and it won’t take much to go to either side, but leaning to the no trust side. It never should have gotten to all these players possibly being on the last year of their Boston contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I know on here most trust Bloom, and his plan, and prospects, prospects, prospects. Outside of on here not so much on the Bloom front. Yes they want to see Casas too, but they want to see Casas playing with Bogey, and Raffy, and not Story, and whoever else Bloom can come up with. Outside of here people are not happy with the whatever you want to call it offer to Bogey. There is lots of wishing, and hoping that the Casas, Mayer, and the rest turn out to be good players, but if not serious problem. Outside of here Bloom to some has worn out his welcome already to go with the thinking that what may work in Tampa will not work in Boston. You can’t get a much more drastic difference in the fan base then you get in Tampa, and Boston. I’m on the fence right now on Bloom, and it won’t take much to go to either side, but leaning to the no trust side. It never should have gotten to all these players possibly being on the last year of their Boston contracts.
    You say this, but THEY WERE IN THE ALCS LAST SEASON.

How has he worn out his welcome?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity

We all know they were 2 games away from the WS last year, but they were also 1 game away from not making the PS at all, and that was all last year, and now it’s a whole new year with very different results. You will have to ask the different ones out there who have a vastly different view of Bloom that do on here. I’m just pointing out once again that there are many different venues out there that have different views as on here, which I do from time to time, and if you combined all the different opinions the results might be vastly different.

Deity

Contracts have to expire, and trying to time contracts with other contracts is a bad idea.

Ever look up who was in the last year of their deals for the 2004 Red Sox? Imagine if that team didn’t win…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Contracts have to expire, and trying to time contracts with other contracts is a bad idea.

Ever look up who was in the last year of their deals for the 2004 Red Sox? Imagine if that team didn’t win…
    Well to me Bogey, and Raffy should have been offered extensions last year, and not waited until the season started this year, and I mean before the lockout started. Those are the most important to me, but I know some are satisfied with Story playing SS next year if Bogey walks.

Deity
    We all know they were 2 games away from the WS last year, but they were also 1 game away from not making the PS at all, and that was all last year, and now it’s a whole new year with very different results. You will have to ask the different ones out there who have a vastly different view of Bloom that do on here. I’m just pointing out once again that there are many different venues out there that have different views as on here, which I do from time to time, and if you combined all the different opinions the results might be vastly different.
    Do fans actually think a season in which a team wins 92 games but misses the postseason is a failed season?

Deity
    Well to me Bogey, and Raffy should have been offered extensions last year, and not waited until the season started this year, and I mean before the lockout started. Those are the most important to me, but I know some are satisfied with Story playing SS next year if Bogey walks.
    Well we really don’t know if they were. Not every offer makes it to the press. Heck no one really knows how willing they were to talk then.

I would think Devers would prefer to wait as long as possible to sign anything, since his price tag is only going to go up…

Well we really don’t know if they were. Not every offer makes it to the press. Heck no one really knows how willing they were to talk then.

I would think Devers would prefer to wait as long as possible to sign anything, since his price tag is only going to go up…
    Probably, but not guaranteed. Anybody can get injured.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity

I pretty sure the offers if any before would have come out just like the last ones were. You may be right on Devers, because Soto turned down a big deal. Interesting take I just heard was that Boris was looking forward to set down with John, and Tom after the season to talk about Bogey’s contract. Didn’t mention Bloom. What does that say about Bloom?
    Last edited by Old Red; 05-18-2022 at 03:01 PM.

Deity
    Do fans actually think a season in which a team wins 92 games but misses the postseason is a failed season?
    In my many years as a Red Sox fan I would say yes that some would say that yes.

Deity

How has he won so much trust from most on here?

Deity
    I'm not sure what they do or where they plan to go from here to breath some life in to this group but I'm not sure bringing Casas up now will do anything other than give us someone different to look at. We do have some good looking arms in Worcester and Portland but I'm not sure the "Can't miss" sticker has been applied to any of them. A smart move for all would be to sign the very few players who really look like major leaguers that we currently have - Devers, Bogaerts, and Martinez. Without them, I think that JH stands a good chance of seeing a lot more than 10000 fans missing in Fenway on a regular basis.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I'm not sure what they do or where they plan to go from here to breath some life in to this group but I'm not sure bringing Casas up now will do anything other than give us someone different to look at. We do have some good looking arms in Worcester and Portland but I'm not sure the "Can't miss" sticker has been applied to any of them. A smart move for all would be to sign the very few players who really look like major leaguers that we currently have - Devers, Bogaerts, and Martinez. Without them, I think that JH stands a good chance of seeing a lot more than 10000 fans missing in Fenway on a regular basis.
    I agree with most. Bogey has helped win 2 WS, and he has proved he can play, and play good in Boston. Raffy hasn’t been around as long, but he has proved he can play good in Boston too. JD is older, and is a different situation. Story hasn’t proved a thing in Boston, and how many of the prospects, prospects, prospects have can’t miss next to their names?

It will be interesting to see the market on JD. With the NL having a DH, there may be more teams in the bidding.

I doubt anyone offers him close to $22M for 2 or more year, but who knows, these days.

Maybe he gets $50M/3: I don't know.

I'm not sure what we should or might offer him.
    Sox 4 Ever