Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The pursuit of Aaron Judge

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Highly unlikely he sees $300 mil. It’s entirely related to his age. People aren’t paying players into their 40s anymore. But the AAV has gone higher for sure. I can see a 7-$38 or 8-$35 as the cap now
    I was saying this just the other day to Max Scherzer…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Max's contract is LNS, not LNL.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Short term deal. You don’t give a 31 yr old a 10 years deal

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Max's contract is LNS, not LNL.
    But it gets to the dreaded 40, and at one of, if not the highest AAVs of all time…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Short term deal. You don’t give a 31 yr old a 10 years deal
    So… much better to just bypass those productive years in the early 30s and go directly to age 38?

Here’s the thing. I’m probably more opposed to long term deals than you, and certainly more opposed than most GMs. But even then, most would agree with you about not giving Judge 8-10 years.

But it only takes one crazy GM to make the offer…

So… much better to just bypass those productive years in the early 30s and go directly to age 38?

Here’s the thing. I’m probably more opposed to long term deals than you, and certainly more opposed than most GMs. But even then, most would agree with you about not giving Judge 8-10 years.

But it only takes one crazy GM to make the offer…
    My prediction is Judge will get an 8 year $35 mil AAV deal as long as he keeps it up this season
    Hal sucks

Some GM will see that Dave Winfield had a .867 OPS at age 40 and that Judge can do the same. There are now 30 teams that can count on having the DH for Judge's "golden years." Is it crazy to give Judge 300 million for 9 or 10 years if he leads you to a couple of championships? It could be a sound investment.

It's funny to hear Yankees fans try to convince themselves that Judge isn't going to cost 300 m. The Red Sox have to be all over Judge in the off-season--they shouldn't pursue Bogaerts until the Judge pursuit is over. Judge is a perfect fit for the Red Sox. I'm not sure if the Red Sox would be willing to shell out the money, probably not, but he would solve many of their problems going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Some GM will see that Dave Winfield had a .867 OPS at age 40 and that Judge can do the same. There are now 30 teams that can count on having the DH for Judge's "golden years." Is it crazy to give Judge 300 million for 9 or 10 years if he leads you to a couple of championships? It could be a sound investment.

It's funny to hear Yankees fans try to convince themselves that Judge isn't going to cost 300 m. The Red Sox have to be all over Judge in the off-season--they shouldn't pursue Bogaerts until the Judge pursuit is over. Judge is a perfect fit for the Red Sox. I'm not sure if the Red Sox would be willing to shell out the money, probably not, but he would solve many of their problems going forward.
    Even if we didn't have Story to take over SS, next year, I'd have Judge ahead of Bogey on the must try to sign first list.

We need to upgrade the OF, and with Kike going to free agency, and JBJ & Verdugo largely still question marks, Judge should be the #1 priority.

I do find it hard to imagine us not signing Betts, then going LNL on Judge.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Even if we didn't have Story to take over SS, next year, I'd have Judge ahead of Bogey on the must try to sign first list.

We need to upgrade the OF, and with Kike going to free agency, and JBJ & Verdugo largely still question marks, Judge should be the #1 priority.

I do find it hard to imagine us not signing Betts, then going LNL on Judge.
    Verdugo shouldn’t be a big question mark. With his barrel rates etc that mvp keeps posting, he is clearly making good contact. And he’ll benefit next year from the banning of the shift…,

Verdugo shouldn’t be a big question mark. With his barrel rates etc that mvp keeps posting, he is clearly making good contact. And he’ll benefit next year from the banning of the shift…,
    Well, the other problem is Duran and Verdugo are best used in LF. Forcing one to CF, or counting on JBJ again, could be a mistake.

Deity
    Well, the other problem is Duran and Verdugo are best used in LF. Forcing one to CF, or counting on JBJ again, could be a mistake.
    What’s wrong with counting on JBJ again?

Do people still think this guy is a let down? How many people thought in early June, Bradley would have a higher OPS than Kike and Verdugo?

Bradley right now is the Sox best outfielder…

Do people still think this guy is a let down? How many people thought in early June, Bradley would have a higher OPS than Kike?
    I know, talk about a whipping boy.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I know, talk about a whipping boy.
    And same deal for Bradley - No Shift 2023!

Do people still think this guy is a let down? How many people thought in early June, Bradley would have a higher OPS than Kike and Verdugo?

Bradley right now is the Sox best outfielder…
    It's not like I hate JBJ or Verdugo, but I'm not counting on them as being a big enough plus to make a significant difference. The might. They could, but personally, I'm not counting on them. I'm fine with going into next year with Duran and Verdugo in LF and LF only, and I'd b e fine with JBJ in C F or RF, if the 3rd OF was a big plus.

I guess I'm just tired of mediocre OF6's from left to right, every year. When you are getting weak offense from 1B, the OF needs to take up some slack.

I guess I'm just tired of mediocre OF6's from left to right, every year. When you are getting weak offense from 1B, the OF needs to take up some slack.
    Every year? What?