Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
Those teams (and add the braves in as well) do an incredible job of:

First- evaluating potential prospect in terms of how the potential prospect would fit their systems.
Second - developing the prospects they acquire, regardless of position.
Third - trading off prospects that don’t have a proper path or profile for their major league team.

Hang’em Chaim and staff have shown a tremendous scouting eye on contact and power hitters. Our minor league system is fairly deep in those areas.

The Sox minor league rebuild is years from being complete, but, I think, well ahead of where I thought we could get in a few short years.
I'm hopeful Bloom can hire some of the people from Tampa or other capable people to help our farm get to the level some of these other teams have seemed to maintain for many years, especially finding and developing solid pitchers. It's not luck these teams churn out quality pitchers so often.

It's really the best way to set your team up for long term success. You see very few teams winning even one ring, that had a weak farm in the years before the ring, and just about every team that consistently wins has had a solid farm continuously feeding them studs and solid role players year after year.

It's clear rebuilding the farm was a high priority with Bloom, but it remains to be seen, if the building will produce.

Here are the 2022 numbers of some of Bloom's farm additions:

OPS or OPS Against
.859 Mayer
.675Yorke
.652 Bleis
.562 Winckowski
.487 Seabold

.693 Downs
.823 Binelas
.774 Jordan
.741 McDonough
.911 Hickey