Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Way Too Early Tear Down Thread

The Way Too Early Tear Down Thread

I had the path to relevance thread where the sox went 9-3 and then faced cupcakes for 7 games. In the first 6 of those 7 games, they are 2-4. I am reading a lot of tear down comments, so why not direct them here. If the sox were to tear it down this year and deal off their soon to be FA's or guys with one more year of control, what would they get?

I just put on record that the Sox could trade Xander to St Louis for Ivan Herrera (MLB#98, StL #4) plus 2-3 other prospects

I also think the sox would deal Devers to SF for Luciano (MLB #8, SF #1), Harrison (MLB#44, SF#2) and 2 more prospects.

Sox could trade Vazquez to SD for 2-3 prospects. None in the top 100.

Sox could deal Eovaldi to Milwaukee for Joey Wiemer (MLB #81, MIL #2) plus 2-3 more prospects
    Last edited by jacksonianmarch; 06-01-2022 at 08:44 AM.
    Hal sucks

I just think dealing Xander AND Devers is really a death blow to a good portion of the fan base for a few years. IDK.

I believe you need to have some consistency from year to year. You need to have a face of the franchise. If they are going to deal both of those guys, it's kinda pathetic.

If that's the route they are going, they need multiple rings out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I think the Yankees could also trade away their entire team for prospects, or maybe just waive all of them and rebuild the right way.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I just think dealing Xander AND Devers is really a death blow to a good portion of the fan base for a few years. IDK.

I believe you need to have some consistency from year to year. You need to have a face of the franchise. If they are going to deal both of those guys, it's kinda pathetic.

If that's the route they are going, they need multiple rings out of it.
    I think one ring, within a reasonable time frame, would help fans get over the loss.

I doubt we deal Devers this deadline, and maybe not until next deadline.

The story signing sealed Bogey's fate, IMO. It will be interesting to see what we get for him, but it might not be what we hope.

This winter will be extremely interesting, especially if we have a summer fire sale.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I think one ring, within a reasonable time frame, would help fans get over the loss.

I doubt we deal Devers this deadline, and maybe not until next deadline.

The story signing sealed Bogey's fate, IMO. It will be interesting to see what we get for him, but it might not be what we hope.

This winter will be extremely interesting, especially if we have a summer fire sale.
    Why would only one ring fix the loss? We just had one a few years ago? We've had 4 in recent memory. I'd rather be guaranteed to see Xander and Bogey for the next 6-8 years than get only one ring out of the deal.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Barring some unforeseen development, I doubt the Sox trade Xander.

Teams are not likely to get a top tier prospect for 2 months of him and most teams in the hunt are set at shortstop.

The Cardinals are the lone exception but certainly they won’t trade Herrera with Yadier months away from hanging up his spikes.

The exclusive negotiating period and draft pick comp (if negotiations fail) are probably more valuable than anything they’ll get in a trade…
    Last edited by notin; 06-01-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I had the path to relevance thread where the sox went 9-3 and then faced cupcakes for 7 games. In the first 6 of those 7 games, they are 2-4. I am reading a lot of tear down comments, so why not direct them here. If the sox were to tear it down this year and deal off their soon to be FA's or guys with one more year of control, what would they get?

I just put on record that the Sox could trade Xander to St Louis for Ivan Herrera (MLB#98, StL #4) plus 2-3 other prospects

I also think the sox would deal Devers to SF for Luciano (MLB #8, SF #1), Harrison (MLB#44, SF#2) and 2 more prospects.

Sox could deal Eovaldi to Milwaukee for Joey Wiemer (MLB #81, MIL #2) plus 2-3 more prospects
    They're not trading Devers. I know that much.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

In your excitement you left out JD. And Wacha.

Being a fan of the team outstrips being a fan of the player, at least as you get older. Children get attached to players, adults love watching the titles

If I was a Sox fan, I’d be intrigued by what Bloom can do. He is a master trader and will be given some prime pieces to sell off

Being a fan of the team outstrips being a fan of the player, at least as you get older. Children get attached to players, adults love watching the titles
    A bit of a sweeping generalization. Adults can get attached to players too. We have adults here who are still pissed about Betts, and are probably going to be much more pissed soon.

Hell, people are still pissed about letting Adrian Beltre walk, and we only had one season to get attached to him.

Overall, since Henry took over the reigns, we've done a pretty good job knowing when to say good bye.

Nomar
    Pedro
    Damon
    Beckett, CC and AGon
    Ellsbury

Sure, some went on to great things, but we've done okay in this area.

The Betts choice is still in limbo. The Bogey choice seems to have already been made.

I think Devers might e 50-50, at best.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Devers will get dealt, IMO. I am pretty sure on this and I am almost certain it will happen before opening day 2023. Players garner the most return when there is a full season or more left to control.

Honestly, I think the sox are gonna get a haul of prospects for him. Bloom wants a blank slate.

Also, for JD, I can see him going to TB a la Cruz from last year. Possible return Curtis Mead plus some lower level prospects. If the sox want to go pitching, Taj Bradley might be an option
    Hal sucks

Devers will get dealt, IMO. I am pretty sure on this and I am almost certain it will happen before opening day 2023. Players garner the most return when there is a full season or more left to control.
    OK, friendly wager then. I say Devers is still in a Red Sox uniform on Opening Day 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    OK, friendly wager then. I say Devers is still in a Red Sox uniform on Opening Day 2023.
    One week sig bet?
    Hal sucks

One week sig bet?
    Deal.