Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd half blueprint

I’d love to get Soto, but I also realize that a Soto acquisition ends Judge’s shot at re-upping

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I’d love to get Soto, but I also realize that a Soto acquisition ends Judge’s shot at re-upping
    True, but I'd much prefer to sign Soto to a long term deal over Judge

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    True, but I'd much prefer to sign Soto to a long term deal over Judge
    Even 16 years vs 8 years?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Even 16 years vs 8 years?
    With the way inflation is going, $30M 16 years from now will only be worth a few bags of Skittles.

But yes I'd 100% take Soto's 16 years over Judge's 8. At age 23, you could expect somewhere in the range of 7-9 years of him playing through his prime. Whereas Judge at 30 years old, this year is probably his peak performance and he may only have another couple of high caliber seasons left.
    Last edited by bkzwhitestrican; 07-26-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    With the way inflation is going, $30M 16 years from now will only be worth a few bags of Skittles.

But yes I'd 100% take Soto's 16 years over Judge's 8. At age 23, you could expect somewhere in the range of 7-9 years of him playing through his prime. Whereas Judge at 30 years old, this year is probably his peak performance and he may only have another couple of high caliber seasons left.
    And it's not set in stone that it will take a 16yr deal to sign soto

Banned
    Prior to the Subway Series opener against the Mets, the Yankees placed slugger Giancarlo Stanton on the 10-day injured list on Tuesday, retroactive to Sunday, with left Achilles tendinitis. The club recalled outfielder Tim Locastro from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

We are getting thin. This is the season, and Cashman knows it. He’s got to do something big

Read an article today about Soto’s negotiations being a smokescreen. That Cash wants Castillo or Montas plus Robertson. If we are dealing with the cubs, I’d look at Happ too. Cashman wants to match up with Houston, and with Sevy an unknown, they’re got Cole and Cortes then two guys with inconsistency issues. Adding Castillo to the front really helps the team.

We need a reliever now that King is out. Robertson would be perfect. We also need an OFer, doesn’t have to be Soto or Beni, could just be Peralta

Yanks reportedly traded for Benintendi. No word yet on who they gave up.

Chandler Champlain, Beck Way, TJ Sikkema

Shows the depth of the system. These guys were way down on the Yanks list

This is huge and it lengthens our lineup. I think we will see Gallo offloaded, likely to Philly, where he can reclaim his value outside of the pressure of the Bronx.

Adding Beni keeps the great fielding and baserunning Gallo brought while also bringing elite contact, line drive, and walk skills. He likely slots in as a lead off hitter in NY, allowing Lemahieu to drop down the lineup a bit and garner more RBI. This also allows Carpenter to play DH with Stanton out. Once Stanton returns, the Yanks will have the good fortune to have one extra starter on the bench every game to pinch hit.

BA had Beck Way as our #13 prospect prior to the draft. Sikkema would probably have been kept outside of the fact that he’s rule V eligible and there’s zero chance he’d have made our 40 man this offseason. Otherwise, this did nothing to harm our deep farm. We still have the parts for a Castillo deal

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This is huge and it lengthens our lineup. I think we will see Gallo offloaded, likely to Philly, where he can reclaim his value outside of the pressure of the Bronx.

Adding Beni keeps the great fielding and baserunning Gallo brought while also bringing elite contact, line drive, and walk skills. He likely slots in as a lead off hitter in NY, allowing Lemahieu to drop down the lineup a bit and garner more RBI. This also allows Carpenter to play DH with Stanton out. Once Stanton returns, the Yanks will have the good fortune to have one extra starter on the bench every game to pinch hit.
    You might need to review Beni's FanGraphs page.

He's far from a great fielder or baserunner. In fact he's a minus in both.

The only thing he has done well this year is hit singles.

He has 3 HR and his ISO is an atrocious .078.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

Pretty much. Beni has a below average sprint speed for LFers. Out of the top 50 LFers, he's 31st. Out of 50, he's 24th running to 1b and he has the advantage of being lefthanded, just ahead of Verdugo.

For defense, he's behind Verdugo for OAA and runs prevented.

I don't think you'd get many Sox fans to say that 2022 Verdugo was a great baserunner or fielder. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

He's a serviceable fielder.

He was brought on for his ability to get on base, which is top 10 in baseball right now.