Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: So much for the Chris Sale come back. Ouch!

  1. #46
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    47,165
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    They need to wrap Sale in bubble wrap and have him work out in a padded room with no sharp or heavy objects.
    They need to build him a little Nerf World to live in.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  2. #47
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Gee what a nightmare. This contract didn't pan out well.
    That's to put it mildly. Two years left, but it's looked like one of the worst performing player contracts in Red Sox history.

  3. #48
    Major Leaguer vjcsmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    382
    Unlucky. But I wasn't counting on Sale to save the team either.

    Looks like we're missing the playoffs. I just hope there are consequences for failure. Getting tired of seeing the Red Sox lose.

  4. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    So the reporting is that Sale took a header on his bike going downhill into Cleveland Circle. The only downhill I remember (and its been awhile) is coming down from Comm Av into Cleveland Circle or coming the other way directly across and into the Circle from that direction. The Circle itself is dead flat. No brakes Chris? No effort to brake Chris?

    What the hell are ya' doing? You are a string bean with no noticeable natural padding barreling downhill into Cleveland Circle?? This guy has never seemed to me to be playing with a full deck.

    The reporting is that he was going to pick up lunch in Cleveland Circle. Do you guys know how jammed Cleveland Circle is at lunch? Does anybody that has spent any time in Boston not know how jammed the Circle is at lunch time? Nobody saw this header? Nobody recognized that was Chris Sale flying through the air?
    I suspected the location was Heartbreak Hill on the Marathon route. But you make a good point; that time of day there had to be entire Big Foot families roaming the streets taking cellphone vids. Plus, at least one or two UFOs would've posted surveillance tapes of the mid-day ride of Chris Severe on social media by now.

  5. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Gee what a nightmare. This contract didn't pan out well.
    chris frail is making carl pavano look like an iron man!

  6. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Well, I suppose it's a good thing we didn't empty the farm to compete for a 2nd wildcard spot this year.
    chris frail's health had very little to do with that decision.

    Anyone in their right mind knew that when he broke his pinky that he would have little to no impact on the rest of the season.

  7. #52
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    41,571
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    That's to put it mildly. Two years left, but it's looked like one of the worst performing player contracts in Red Sox history.
    Even Carl Crawford was tradable…

  8. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Even Carl Crawford was tradable…
    With Sale, it isn't the salary it is the medical bills and insurance premiums that will kill you!

  9. #54
    "Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,155
    Release him and be done with it, because we sure as shit aren't getting anything useful from him on the final two years at this rate.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  10. #55
    "Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,155
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    48 innings pitched in 3 years on that new contract. Talk about good value.

    That was probably DD worst signing. Even worse than Price. He signed him that extension knowing of his arm problems.
    $8 million per game.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #56
    One wag said the Red Sox are putting in a water softener in the locker room so Sale won't get a concussion showering in hard water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •