Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So much for the Chris Sale come back. Ouch!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And yet I can almost see the story from next February now:

"Sale says he's 100% healthy and ready to put injury bad luck behind him, excited for 2023 season".
    The real problem is that he’s so fragile but also so important…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    DD deserves all the bashing in the world, and then some for the Sale ext. Enough said.
    I’d feel different if Sale was healthy and then signed and THEN got hurt. I don’t fault GMs for injuries (unless the player in question has a significant history that shouldn’t be ignored)…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’d feel different if Sale was healthy and then signed and THEN got hurt. I don’t fault GMs for injuries (unless the player in question has a significant history that shouldn’t be ignored)…
    The point is that Sale was not healthy, and TJ was pretty much predicted. Of course all the accumulated injuries after has added to the misery.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And yet I can almost see the story from next February now:

"Sale says he's 100% healthy and ready to put injury bad luck behind him, excited for 2023 season".
    NOBODY should ever count on him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    The point is that Sale was not healthy, and TJ was pretty much predicted. Of course all the accumulated injuries after has added to the misery.
    Well... to try to keep this in perspective, yes, the TJ was predictable. Even the most semi-casual fan could see that Sale's motion almost screamed "TJ IS COMING!". But we can't lose sight of the fact that he did what he was hired to do - he helped the Sox win a WSC.

I'm going to admit that things haven't panned out the way we wanted them to after 2018 but 1) THE FLAG probably wouldn't be flying without him and 2) I'm not the one paying him (beyond my subscription to NESN).

So on balance I'm good with it.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Well... to try to keep this in perspective, yes, the TJ was predictable. Even the most semi-casual fan could see that Sale's motion almost screamed "TJ IS COMING!". But we can't lose sight of the fact that he did what he was hired to do - he helped the Sox win a WSC.

I'm going to admit that things haven't panned out the way we wanted them to after 2018 but 1) THE FLAG probably wouldn't be flying without him and 2) I'm not the one paying him (beyond my subscription to NESN).

So on balance I'm good with it.
    The 2018 flag had nothing to do with Chris Sale contract ext. Sale still had 2019 to go on his old contract.

Gee what a nightmare. This contract didn't pan out well.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    48 innings pitched in 3 years on that new contract. Talk about good value.

That was probably DD worst signing. Even worse than Price. He signed him that extension knowing of his arm problems.
    I don't think there's any probably about it any longer. It's fast catching up with Pablo Sandoval's contract in the overall bad contract league.

Deity
    Sale was not even pitching regular season games when they did the extension? I seem to remember feeling like that came out of Left Field because the season had not even started when they did the extension. It was before the season started, some time in March with another year before the contract he was on was due and questions arising about Sales durability over the course of a full season.

That extension set a whole lot of other shit in motion, none of it good.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Sale was not even pitching regular season games when they did the extension? I seem to remember feeling like that came out of Left Field because the season had not even started when they did the extension. It was before the season started, some time in March with another year before the contract he was on was due and questions arising about Sales durability over the course of a full season.

That extension set a whole lot of other shit in motion, none of it good.
    You nailed it.

Now is the time to re-extend him, while his value is low

Deity
    So the reporting is that Sale took a header on his bike going downhill into Cleveland Circle. The only downhill I remember (and its been awhile) is coming down from Comm Av into Cleveland Circle or coming the other way directly across and into the Circle from that direction. The Circle itself is dead flat. No brakes Chris? No effort to brake Chris?

What the hell are ya' doing? You are a string bean with no noticeable natural padding barreling downhill into Cleveland Circle?? This guy has never seemed to me to be playing with a full deck.

The reporting is that he was going to pick up lunch in Cleveland Circle. Do you guys know how jammed Cleveland Circle is at lunch? Does anybody that has spent any time in Boston not know how jammed the Circle is at lunch time? Nobody saw this header? Nobody recognized that was Chris Sale flying through the air?
    Last edited by jung; 08-09-2022 at 04:56 PM.

They need to wrap Sale in bubble wrap and have him work out in a padded room with no sharp or heavy objects.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    This is too much.

Maybe it’s time to just realize Ol’ Chris Sale is just suffering too much and needs to be put to sleep…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    They need to wrap Sale in bubble wrap and have him work out in a padded room with no sharp or heavy objects.
    His previous injury came from a baseball struck by a bat. Sort of tough to protect him from those occupational hazards..,