Register now to remove this ad

Page 253 of 274 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4098

Thread: A Realistic View at 2023: Part I

  1. #3781
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,717
    One amazing statline for DHern is his K/9 rate. His 85 IP sample size is small, but among all MLB with 85+ IP in the history of MLB, only 8 pitchers have a better rate:

    15.3 J Hader
    14.8 A Diaz
    14.7 Chapman
    14.5 Dev Williams
    14.5 Betances
    14.4 Kimbrel
    14,3 Karinchak
    14.1 N Anderson
    14.0 DHern

    Since he walks so many batters, his K% ranks only 21st (32.3%,) but still that's pretty damn good. It's the 18% BB rate (7.7 BB/9) that he can't seem to overcome.

    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #3782
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,717
    H a p p y

    T H A N K S G I V I N G !
    Sox 4 Ever

  3. #3783
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    69,159
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of Talksox!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  4. #3784
    MVP
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    3,367
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

    Iím thankful to be part of the best fan base in baseball.

  5. #3785
    Happy thanksgiving everybody.

  6. #3786
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,717
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

    Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

    Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

    Jan 13 Arb Exchange Deadline

    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #3787
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

    Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

    Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

    Jan 13 Arb Exchange Deadline

    Pecan pie and sweet potato pie -- dang, those are some memories of gala feasts visiting my father down south... he had a pecan tree in his yard, and they grew Haymons, which you just can't get up North.

    Sorry you couldn't connect, but bet you have plenty of yum leftovers...

  8. #3788
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,717
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Pecan pie and sweet potato pie -- dang, those are some memories of gala feasts visiting my father down south... he had a pecan tree in his yard, and they grew Haymons, which you just can't get up North.

    Sorry you couldn't connect, but bet you have plenty of yum leftovers...
    Looking forward to turkey sandwiches and all the great sides.

    The pie is almost gone!

    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #3789
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    69,159
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

    Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

    Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

    Jan 13 Arb Exchange Deadline

    COVID cut our Thanksgiving guest list by more than half! One person got COVID but he was responsible for bringing 3 others from out of state.

    Thankfully, my son took a lot of leftovers, because we still have food for days. The pies we had were gigantic. I fear that i will bring on diabetes if I continue eating them.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  10. #3790
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    69,159
    The pandemic is supposedly over, but almost everyone I know had their holiday impacted by COVID. Will this scourge ever go away!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  11. #3791
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,348
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    The pandemic is supposedly over, but almost everyone I know had their holiday impacted by COVID. Will this scourge ever go away!
    Probably not.

    Polio is still around. Bubonic plague is still around.

    Eradicating a disease is not easy…

  12. #3792
    MVP
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Probably not.

    Polio is still around. Bubonic plague is still around.

    Eradicating a disease is not easy…
    Many diseases evolve to become less deadly, that's probably what we see and between that and Vaccines Covid likely just becomes a yearly illness we have to deal with like the flu every year.

  13. #3793
    MVP
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    3,367
    I made the mistake of weighin myself today and I'm sure it's mostly water weight but I'm easily 10 lbs heavier today.

    In my defense, I just HAD to have at least one piece of every aunt's pie and I might have had two slices of the PEE-CAN pie.

  14. #3794
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I just HAD to have at least one piece of every aunt's pie.
    Absolutely required holiday eating...

  15. #3795
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

    Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

    Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

    Jan 13 Arb Exchange Deadline

    We will see what Turkeys Bloom will come up with for the 2023 season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •