Register now to remove this ad

Page 253 of 274 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4098

Thread: A Realistic View at 2023: Part I

One amazing statline for DHern is his K/9 rate. His 85 IP sample size is small, but among all MLB with 85+ IP in the history of MLB, only 8 pitchers have a better rate:

15.3 J Hader
    14.8 A Diaz
    14.7 Chapman
    14.5 Dev Williams
    14.5 Betances
    14.4 Kimbrel
    14,3 Karinchak
    14.1 N Anderson
    14.0 DHern

Since he walks so many batters, his K% ranks only 21st (32.3%,) but still that's pretty damn good. It's the 18% BB rate (7.7 BB/9) that he can't seem to overcome.

Sox 4 Ever

H a p p y

T H A N K S G I V I N G !
    Sox 4 Ever

Happy Thanksgiving to all of Talksox!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

MVP
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Iím thankful to be part of the best fan base in baseball.

Happy thanksgiving everybody.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

Jan 13 Arb Exchange Deadline

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. Ours was a unique one. We had planned to go to our daughter's longtime boyfriend's house for dinner. We were set to bring the turkey, stuffing, cranberry & orange relish, pumpkin & pecan pies and ice cream, while their family was to make the ham, sweet potato casserole, spinach casserole, but the boyfriend came down with Covid (mild, so far), so we ended up doing a food exchange and ate at our own homes. It worked out well, but was a bit disappointing.

Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

Pecan pie and sweet potato pie -- dang, those are some memories of gala feasts visiting my father down south... he had a pecan tree in his yard, and they grew Haymons, which you just can't get up North.

Sorry you couldn't connect, but bet you have plenty of yum leftovers...

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Pecan pie and sweet potato pie -- dang, those are some memories of gala feasts visiting my father down south... he had a pecan tree in his yard, and they grew Haymons, which you just can't get up North.

Sorry you couldn't connect, but bet you have plenty of yum leftovers...
    Looking forward to turkey sandwiches and all the great sides.

The pie is almost gone!

Sox 4 Ever

Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

COVID cut our Thanksgiving guest list by more than half! One person got COVID but he was responsible for bringing 3 others from out of state.

Thankfully, my son took a lot of leftovers, because we still have food for days. The pies we had were gigantic. I fear that i will bring on diabetes if I continue eating them.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The pandemic is supposedly over, but almost everyone I know had their holiday impacted by COVID. Will this scourge ever go away!

Deity
    The pandemic is supposedly over, but almost everyone I know had their holiday impacted by COVID. Will this scourge ever go away!
    Probably not.

Polio is still around. Bubonic plague is still around.

Eradicating a disease is not easy…

MVP
    Probably not.

Polio is still around. Bubonic plague is still around.

Eradicating a disease is not easy…
    Many diseases evolve to become less deadly, that's probably what we see and between that and Vaccines Covid likely just becomes a yearly illness we have to deal with like the flu every year.

MVP
    I made the mistake of weighin myself today and I'm sure it's mostly water weight but I'm easily 10 lbs heavier today.

In my defense, I just HAD to have at least one piece of every aunt's pie and I might have had two slices of the PEE-CAN pie.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I just HAD to have at least one piece of every aunt's pie.
    Absolutely required holiday eating...

Legend

Dec 4-7 Winter Meetings

Dec 7 Rule 5 Draft

We will see what Turkeys Bloom will come up with for the 2023 season.