Register now to remove this ad

Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274
Results 4,096 to 4,098 of 4098

Thread: A Realistic View at 2023: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Am I wrong to think Martin will be the only significant pen addition, this winter?
    We need a closer bad. The 22 bullpen blew about half their save opportunities. We can not have another year of that type incompetence,

Hang’em Chaim has proven completely incompetent in two areas:
    1.) building competent bullpens.
    2.) drafting pitchers early in the draft.

He needs to fix number 1 this offseason or we are so screwed for 23.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    We need a closer bad. The 22 bullpen blew about half their save opportunities. We can not have another year of that type incompetence,

Hang’em Chaim has proven completely incompetent in two areas:
    1.) building competent bullpens.
    2.) drafting pitchers early in the draft.

He needs to fix number 1 this offseason or we are so screwed for 23.
    If he isn’t going to go big with any players in this draft - and that might not be an good idea - maybe he can sign a slew of relievers and deal Houck and Schreiber for SP or OF or C or whatever…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If he isn’t going to go big with any players in this draft - and that might not be an good idea - maybe he can sign a slew of relievers and deal Houck and Schreiber for SP or OF or C or whatever…
    I honestly think this has been an actual plan for some franchises. Which commodity is always at a premium at the trade deadline? Since bullpens rule the modern game, it makes sense that good relief pitchers -- because the very definition changes with faces and names yearly -- is always in demand... for contenders.

Watch how Tampa uses Eflin, who was more effective as a reliever last year. Starter, opener, set-up man... I just hope Boston crushes him every time they face him until the Rays dump his contract on a desperate Seattle-type team in an upcoming July.