Register now to remove this ad

Page 101 of 526 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7886

Thread: A Realistic View at 2023: Part I

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    So, with these you forgot #5 JH sells the team to a bigger spender.
    Wouldn’t that make for Christmas in September!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

Folks - players getting injured is not the fault of the medical staff. When you stub your toe at home or cut yourself shaving, do you blame your doctor then, too? Their athletes doing physical things and that can cause physical pain. It’s part of sports…
    So all I guess the definition of accountability as it relates to the over abundance of soft tissue injuries we have had this year is completely alien to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Wouldn’t that make for Christmas in September!!!!
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

Henry has been the best thing to happen to the Sox in almost 90 years.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    So all I guess the definition of accountability as it relates to the over abundance of soft tissue injuries we have had this year is completely alien to you?
    Are you saying the medical staff is causing these injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

Henry has been the best thing to happen to the Sox in almost 90 years.
    I think the best thing that has happened to the Sox in 90 years are the players: Williams, Yaz, Boggs, Pedro, Bogaerts, etc. Shouldn't rabid fans of owners be reading WSJ and following the stock market?
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    I think the best thing that has happened to the Sox in 90 years are the players: Williams, Yaz, Boggs, Pedro, Bogaerts, etc. Shouldn't rabid fans of owners be reading WSJ and following the stock market?
    I know what he means, and I agree. Of course the players are what we watch, but being a fan is a lot more fun when your team is winning titles.

And like it or not, ownership and management have a lot to do with putting those title-winning teams together.

Just got our power back BTW.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Of course I enjoy watching the players and the great game of baseball more than an owner. I hardly know anything about Henry.

He is still, b y far, the best thing that has happened to the Red Sox for over 80 years. It's not even close.

Without him, we'd still have zero rings since 1918. Unless you think we'd have won without him, there is no debate, IMO.

Are you saying the medical staff is causing these injuries?
    No! Training regiments are designed around specific players and when not executed properly, the chance for injuries increase exponentially.

Deity
    No! Training regiments are designed around specific players and when not executed properly, the chance for injuries increase exponentially.
    Ok.

But who ultimately executes a training regimen?

You don’t even say the training regimens were faulty here…

Deity
    He meant as an owner.

What owner has been better for the Sox in the past 90 years?

Deity
    Bogaerts? Your all time greats list included Bogaerts?

Over Rice, Evans, Nomar, Papi, Rico, and Pedroia?

Bogaerts ranks 18th in fWAR for the Sox over the last 90 years, behind Dom DiMaggio…

He meant as an owner.
    No, I meant what person has been the best thing that has happened to the Sox in over 80 years.

Not who was the best person to watch.

Sure, we don't win in 2004 and 2007 without Papi, Manny and maybe a couple other players. 2013 without Papi, too.

We don't win in 2018 without a handful of key players, but JH is directly responsible for all 4 rings and a bunch of highly competitive non ring teams.

Without Henry we'd be looking at 100+ years without a ring.

It's not close.

He meant as an owner.

What owner has been better for the Sox in the past 90 years?
    That's not what he says above, though.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Bogaerts? Your all time greats list included Bogaerts?

Over Rice, Evans, Nomar, Papi, Rico, and Pedroia?

Bogaerts ranks 18th in fWAR for the Sox over the last 90 years, behind Dom DiMaggio…
    Dude, did you read the "etc." part? This is about whether players are more important than owners. You did not ask me to evaluable thousands of RS players of the last century and a half, or to list them in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I know what he means, and I agree. Of course the players are what we watch, but being a fan is a lot more fun when your team is winning titles.

And like it or not, ownership and management have a lot to do with putting those title-winning teams together.

Just got our power back BTW
    Excellent! We got two windy days, but not even serious swells (at least, not today).