Register now to remove this ad

Page 492 of 526 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 7886

Thread: A Realistic View at 2023: Part I

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I’ll stick with the others thank you very much.
    That’s fine. But the numbers don’t mean they’re correct. Just like they vast numbers pre-Columbus who believed the Earth was flat…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    That’s fine. But the numbers don’t mean they’re correct. Just like they vast numbers pre-Columbus who believed the Earth was flat…
    Keep grasping for those straws that the numbers won’t be correct. It seems that all you got.

Funny how the strawman builder speaks of others grasping at straws.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Keep grasping for those straws that the numbers won’t be correct. It seems that all you got.
    So at a time like this do I play your childish reminder game? Or do I point out that no matter how many times denny insists Bloom traded Betts by choice, that’s simply not reality and it doesn’t matter how many people believe it?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    But see how you're putting down two good moves like Mayer and Devers as if Bloom gets no credit for them?

It's like when people who don't like Dombrowski say he shouldn't get any credit just for spending a pile of money on guys like Price and JDM.

It's easy to do. If you like the guy, you find things to credit him for and ignore things he should be blamed for. And vice versa.
    Ok Bell - I give him credit for those two moves. I'll add though that I could have made those two. they were not signs of great genius.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Ok Bell - I give him credit for those two moves. I'll add though that I could have made those two. they were not signs of great genius.
    You mean like extending Sale and Nate, instead of Betts and a no opt out Bogey?

Pure genius!

(Note: I love what DD did. No beef from me on his reign or the consequences.)

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Repetition does not make it true.

It's not about who is the best fan. There are plenty of fans just on this sight as "super" as anyone else, including myself.

It's about you being an awful fan. Rotten to the core.

Jacko and other Yankee fans have more respect for the Sox than you do. If everything the Sox do disgusts you so much, why not become a Jays fan?
    #1 I have been a Red Sox fan longer than you, and will continue to be a Red Sox fan longer than you. You call yourself a super fan for what, because you write the longest, and most post everyday? You a such a super fan that you row, row, rowed your boat last year bailing on the Red Sox where I stayed with the Red Sox rightto the bitter end. Super fan MA. It’s funny, but I’ve been a Red Sox fan for 65 yrs, or so, and I’ve never been called an awful rotten to the core fan. Just on here. I have all kinds of respect for the Red Sox, but have NONE for Gloom, and Doom Bloom, and you can’t stand that. TDB. This is the second time you’ve told me to go be a fan of someone else. I don’t know who you think you are, but thinking you are KSOTI means something , but nothing of any significance, or importance.

Deity
    You mean like extending Sale and Nate, instead of Betts and a no opt out Bogey?

Pure genius!

(Note: I love what DD did. No beef from me on his reign or the consequences.)
    Once again your standard operating procedure. Predictable as always. You think deflecting the blame from Bloom to DD it takes the emphasis, and blame off Bloom, and puts it on DD. You have done this 1028 times now to no avail, but you keep trying anyway. It’s already been established more than once that each previous GM have had their share of bad blunders, but Bloom is on year 4 now, and has had more than his share of blunders, and will get blamed accordingly. Keep blaming DD all you want, because obviously it makes you feel better, but it doesn’t change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Jeez cp, I didn't say it made him Albert Einstein.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I think the Devers extension was a good sign for the future of the franchise. A lot of people were convinced Devers would want out after seeing his friend Bogey go elsewhere, and for such an absurd sum. Obviously, they showed Raffy the money, but he must have had some comfort about staying in Boston to sign a career contract with no opt-out.

#1 I have been a Red Sox fan longer than you, and will continue to be a Red Sox fan longer than you. You call yourself a super fan for what, because you write the longest, and most post everyday? You a such a super fan that you row, row, rowed your boat last year bailing on the Red Sox where I stayed with the Red Sox rightto the bitter end. Super fan MA. It’s funny, but I’ve been a Red Sox fan for 65 yrs, or so, and I’ve never been called an awful rotten to the core fan. Just on here. I have all kinds of respect for the Red Sox, but have NONE for Gloom, and Doom Bloom, and you can’t stand that. TDB. This is the second time you’ve told me to go be a fan of someone else. I don’t know who you think you are, but thinking you are KSOTI means something , but nothing of any significance, or importance.
    You call all this "staying with the Sox?" I liked to see how you treat teams you dislike.

You may really believe you are a good fan, but to me, a good fan likes his team. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm warped. I know I'm in the minority, so don't go there.

You call all this "staying with the Sox?" I liked to see how you treat teams you dislike.

You may really believe you are a good fan, but to me, a good fan likes his team. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm warped. I know I'm in the minority, so don't go there.
    Old Red's schtick is that he loves the Red Sox but hates Bloom.

Once again your standard operating procedure. Predictable as always. You think deflecting the blame from Bloom to DD it takes the emphasis, and blame off Bloom, and puts it on DD. You have done this 1028 times now to no avail, but you keep trying anyway. It’s already been established more than once that each previous GM have had their share of bad blunders, but Bloom is on year 4 now, and has had more than his share of blunders, and will get blamed accordingly. Keep blaming DD all you want, because obviously it makes you feel better, but it doesn’t change a thing.
    I'm not deflecting blame to anyone. I'd prefer not to even be obsessed with the whole notion of blame.

How can I blame DD, when I agree with everything he did and have said that more times than the "5 year farm drought?"

I'm not even a big fan of Bloom. I may be suggesting he be let go, after this year.

I simply point out the circumstances he was handed, that have way more to do with the higher ups than DD, but as always, you miss the real points.

If you truly believe any GM could have done significantly better under the multiple challenging areas Bloom inherited, then so be it. I think you are missing something major, but I guess I should expect that from you.

What GM can take a 84-78 team, be forced to trade Betts & Price, not replace Porcello, then watch 3 of his highest paid carry-overs give next to nothing (Sale, ERod & Pedey, gut the budget by $60M, and through it all, get next to no farm help?

You can ignore those facts all you want, and boy you do, but it's not spin: it's reality.

You pay top ticket prices and think that has something to do with Bloom's success and expectations.

Yes, you bash Henry, too. Good for you!

You've been a "fan" (note the quotations) for longer than me. You have the majority of Sox Nation on your side, at least in your own mind. You convince yourself, through 24/7 bashing of just about everything that has to do with the Sox, from JH to kennedy to Bloom to Cora to Stinkin Winkin and call that "staying" with your team.

You literally, crack me up. No lie: I'm laughing out loud.

Bloom vs Dombrowski debates are futile. Even if their situations were reversed -- and their hirings were switched in time -- there's no reason to believe they wouldn't act and operate like themselves.

Alternative universe, offseason 2018: Red Sox GM Chaim Bloom passes on paying $20 million per year for DH JD Martinez and another $7.5M for 1B Keith Moreland, and instead signs the following on one-year deals: Lucas Duda, 37, $3.5M, Curtis Granderson, 41, $5M, and Mark Reynolds, 39, $750,000. Bloom was also able to use the savings to land starting pitcher Trevor Cahill, 34, for $1.26M, and reliever Jesse Chavez, 39, for $1.6M. After the season, when Boston finished two wins from the World Series, Bloom was ordered by his bosses to lock-up Mookie Betts for life with a $366 million pact. He then traded shortstop Xander Bogaerts to LA for Verdugo, Wong, and pitchers Mitch White and Yadier Alvarez.

Alt. U, offseason 2023: GM Dombrowski celebrated another Red Sox title by signing World Series hero Mike Wacha to a three-year, $60 million dollar contract. Dombro also extended Raffy Devers for 12 years at $376M, and landed free agent Zach Eflin for $50M, after the latter threatened to sign with Tampa. Dave hopes the addition of new shortstop Trea Turner will offset any ankle worries about Red Sox infielder Carlos Correa, who may take it easy this year by platooning at second base with either Turner or Javey Baez.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Old Red's schtick is that he loves the Red Sox but hates Bloom.
    Oh no, don't say "hate," because he never used those exact words. He shows so much love towards Henry, Kennedy, Bloom, Cora, Dalbec, Story, Kike, Cordero, Duran & Downs, Stinkin' Winkin, Sale, Pivetta, Barnes, Houck and on and on... Only Swihart's Ghost showed more disdain towards Sox players and management.

Well, maybe some Yankee & Mariner fans, too.