Register now to remove this ad

Thread: padres acquire hader

Banned

padres acquire hader

Sources confirm the padres have acquired josh hader from the brewers.

Da fuq?

For Lamet, Rogers and two prospects
    Hal sucks

This really surprised me, you unload you're closer when you're a first place team in a playoff race. Very strange

According to BaseballTradeValues

Major overpay
    One side of this trade is giving up significantly more than they should. It’s possible it would be accepted if each team’s needs are met, but it’s a low probability.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    This really surprised me, you unload you're closer when you're a first place team in a playoff race. Very strange

Financial move.

Hader makes $11mill and could make $15mill in arbitration next season.

Milwaukee acquired 2 good RPs, a couple other wild cards, and already had the extremely effective Devin Williams ready to step in and close…

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Rogers is no Hader, but he is pretty decent. As we could see this weekend , the Brewers' set up man , Devin Williams , has closer' s stuff.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Rogers is no Hader, but he is pretty decent. As we could see this weekend , the Brewers' set up man , Devin Williams , has closer' s stuff.
    And he's filled in well when Hader has been absent from time to time this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    When I first heard that the Brewers traded Hader, my reaction was what the heck are they doing. The more I looked into the trade, the more it makes sense. I really like this move for them. Rogers' numbers this year are actually very close to Hader's, and Rogers has an fWAR of 1.3 to Hader's 0.6.