Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/01 SOX @ Astros 8:10PM ET

8/01 SOX @ Astros 8:10PM ET

N. Eovaldi vs L. Garcia

Nate's overdue for a decent start, hopefully.

Unfortunately, tonight's game will be televised on ESPN. Oh well, TV's are equipped with a mute button.

Banned
    As much as it pains me to say it, go sox!

Nate going. Might be closer than we think.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Nate going. Might be closer than we think.
    Unless he gets yanked at the last minute because he is traded...

Deity
    Vaz was the likeliest candidate to be gone before the trade deadline. He would give the Sox the best return of the candidates IMO.

I was off by 1 prospect and an ice cream cone. I predicted the Sox would get 3 prospects and an ice cream cone for Vaz.

Conehead has a face for radio and a voice for miming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Vaz was the likeliest candidate to be gone before the trade deadline. He would give the Sox the best return of the candidates IMO.

I was off by 1 prospect and an ice cream cone. I predicted the Sox would get 3 prospects and an ice cream cone for Vaz.
    I just don't get why you would not trade xbo unless you are going to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

Too bad Bogey wasn't a candidate. He would have given the SOX a good return.

Cordero at the OF is not even fair man.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Plus two ice cream cones.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    He’s leaving after this season ends too. I don’t think he would get us a haul.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Cordero at the OF is not even fair man.
    If he could hit, he'd make a good DH.

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    He’s leaving after this season ends too. I don’t think he would get us a haul.
    True, but more than what the SOX will get after he leaves.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by JDavis76 View Post
    I just don't get why you would not trade xbo unless you are going to pay him.
    THAT is an odd situation. The scuttlebutt here is that X has been assured that he is not being traded. Not sure why the Sox did that either if in fact they did.

From outward appearances it would appear that X and Rafi are not going to be traded. Rafi is still on the IL anyway. I suspect any other Sox player currently not on the IL should have his bags packed.

IMO, the fan base would take anybody else that is currently active being traded other than X and Rafi if he was not on the IL.

If I were the Sox I would seriously consider moving Verdugo and anybody else that was part of the Mookie deal. IMO Verdugo will not be more than a JAG and Sox fans are likely never to get over the Mookie deal when they have to stare at Verdugo every day. The rest of what came back for Mookie welcome to exit as well.

Two terms that I've had trouble defining: Semi-boneless ham and Quality Offer.