Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JBJ DFAed

Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

This just confirms what we all already knew. JBJ was a mistake since day 1.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Another Bloom gem. Bloom thinks getting prospects back as some do on here was a success. Not all minor leaguers are prospects. Lots of minor leaguers are just that minor leaguers, and that’s the bottom line.

Banned
    Just another example that orlando is in over his head......

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Another Bloom gem. Bloom thinks getting prospects back as some do on here was a success. Not all minor leaguers are prospects. Lots of minor leaguers are just that minor leaguers, and that’s the bottom line.
    If the genius idea was to shop those prospects via JBJ, it was very expensive unless Bloom is seeing something on them we do not. Who knows? Probably one of them ends up being the next Soto lol

Finally! Should have never happened to begin with. The prospect they got for him may not even amount to anything.

Deity
    If the genius idea was to shop those prospects via JBJ, it was very expensive unless Bloom is seeing something on them we do not. Who knows? Probably one of them ends up being the next Soto lol
    Like I said before that not all minor leaguers are prospects, and I think Bloom just likes to get as many as he can, and hopes one turns out to be something good.

Like I said before that not all minor leaguers are prospects, and I think Bloom just likes to get as many as he can, and hopes one turns out to be something good.
    Is this Bloom finally facing reality that getting JBJ in the first place wss a mistake?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Is this Bloom finally facing reality that getting JBJ in the first place wss a mistake?
    He gave him a shot and it didn’t work out. I am among the few that didn’t mind this deal, as it was done for defensive purposes as well as prospects.

As there was clearly no plan to hold him for next season, I’d rather see the GM admit this as opposed to clinging to a mistake. But the biggest downside is it leaves Duran with a stranglehold on CF until Kike returns…

We pay $8M for the 2023 buy out, although it doesnt count on the lux tax line.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Bloom Doom.

The major harm was letting go Renfroe who has good enough defense and a hell of an arm BUT who can hit.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Bloom Doom.
    The Red Sox have been Bloomed again. The curse of the Bloom is alive, and well.

Deity
    The major harm was letting go Renfroe who has good enough defense and a hell of an arm BUT who can hit.
    I agree, but some on here didn’t think Renfroe was good enough, or worth $6-7M even for a guy with 96 RBI. They were as wrong as Bloom was.

Makes me sad. A lot of good memories of JBJ. That's life.
    Old school is good school.