Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/5 SOX @ Royals 8:10PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    He has a decent chance at HOF
    Not a first vote selection, but down the road I think he has a great chance.
    Unfortunately for him his last 3 seasons have been pretty average or less.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 08-05-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Unless Hosmer goes on a hell of a tear these next two months, I think the SOX could keep him at his current salary.
    $13....no way. Hosmer will opt out because $13 is the least he will be offered on the open market.

Actually this is Hosmer's last year at $20
    Last edited by jung; 08-05-2022 at 09:22 PM.

Deity
    Well pitched game for the Sox so far and the Royals cannot field the baseball.

Winck's good job against the weak Royals tonight makes what Pivetta did last night look even worse.

Sanchez is like the 2nd base version of JBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    $13....no way. Hosmer will opt out because $13 is the least he will be offered on the open market.

Actually this is Hosmer's last year at $20
    If that's the case, SOX fans will have to pin their hopes on Casas.

Deity
    If that's the case, SOX fans will have to pin their hopes on Casas.
    Well its not as likely as I would like it to be but Bloom could make a competitive offer for Hosmer. Its not like Hosmer will be looking at $20m offers. Truth is, $1m becomes a lotta' money to guys like Hosmer late in their career. $500k becomes a lotta' money. If $14 is the best Hosmer is offered, he will play for $14. Somebody will offer him at least $14. I really do think he will be looking at between $15 and $17, most likely $16.

Seems like he has been around a long time. But he is only 32 years old.

Well its not as likely as I would like it to be but Bloom could make a competitive offer for Hosmer. Its not like Hosmer will be looking at $20m offers. Truth is, $1m becomes a lotta' money to guys like Hosmer late in their career. $500k becomes a lotta' money. If $14 is the best Hosmer is offered, he will play for $14. Somebody will offer him at least $14. I really do think he will be looking at between $15 and $17, most likely $16.

Seems like he has been around a long time. But he is only 32 years old.
    I'm also thinking that if he was offered an extension for a certain number of years, would he accept less than 16 mil/yr? Maybe 3 yrs at 42 mil?
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 08-05-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Deity
    I'm also thinking that if he was offered an extension for a certain number of years, would he accept less than 16 mil/yr? Maybe 3 yrs at 42 mil?
    Doubt it. Players are looking to max out their final years in baseball and they will play for anybody that offers them a nickel more than anybody else is offering. $42 for 3 is $12 per and that is what JBJ makes......J-B-J

Doubt it. Players are looking to max out their final years in baseball and they will play for anybody that offers them a nickel more than anybody else is offering. $42 for 3 is $12 per and that is what JBJ makes......J-B-J
    Well it actually maths out to 14mil/yr. Giving JBJ 12mil/yr really messes up the value chart.

Legend
    Well it actually maths out to 14mil/yr. Giving JBJ 12/mil/yr really messes up the value chart.
    I thought Bradley had an $8m club buyout.

Just heard on the KC feed that the SOX have 25 blown leads this season, which is only 2nd to Texas with 28.

Just heard on the KC feed that the SOX have 25 blown leads this season, which is only 2nd to Texas with 28.
    Huh. And I thought the Sox were second to none on that category. I overestimated them or maybe I underestimated them.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Royals havenít exactly ripped the ball this inning. The sac fly was the only thing close to a hard hit ball.

Edit - the double was decently hit.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 08-05-2022 at 10:34 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Just got caught up-live.

Nice game by Wink. I hope he's back on track.

Welcome back, Schreib! OUCH!

Better close this one out!
    Sox 4 Ever