Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/17 Red Sox @ Pirates 4:05EDT

8/17 Red Sox @ Pirates 4:05EDT

Rich Hill, a known entity, vs. Roansy Contreras , a younger pitcher than Hill, with fair results while on a losing team. Roansy is 3-2 with a 3.78 ERA and 1.38 Whip. Hill has a 1.35 WHIP , but a 4.75 ERA.

With win after win after a day off, the thread starting streak continues but a word of warning: The Sox are truly struggling at the plate. No hit for 7 innings last night by a gaggle of bullpen matadors.

Fortunately, the Yankees keep losing but the Orioles keep winning. Red Sox still 3.5 behind the O's, with 3 huge games coming up after Pittsburg. But , win them one at a time, right?

Just a gut feel, but tonight may be a tough one for Boston. Top of the first, 3 outs on 7 pitches doesn't change that feeling

Didn't take Hill long to confirm his ineptness, going down 2-0 before getting the first out.

Deity
    Hill starting when Winckowski is available was a bad decision. Hill does not have a good repertoire and therefore needs exquisite control to survive. But his control sucks and not just tonight.

Last night the SOX offense proved they can score runs off of an injured pitcher. The starter for the Pirates tonight doesn't appear to be injured, so it will probably be more difficult for the SOX offense? to score.

Yeah, but look at the up-side--a VERY team-friendly $5million contract!!!! And all those years of experience. He's the poster-child of frugality.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Dugo has the SOX highest BA since May 1st. I would not be surprised if he finishes the season with the SOX highest BA.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Dugo has the SOX highest BA since May 1st. I would not be surprised if he finishes the season with the SOX highest BA.
    Arroyo, now that he is playing regularly may be challenging him. Hosmer needs to see if he can get a hit once in awhile

If only arroyo could stay healthy

Martinez motoring! Yikes!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Kike gets a bleeder that works, scoring a run. Sox takes lead , a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Devers still leads in RBI's at 62, finally passing Trevor Story who doesn't play too much at 58. But DUGO is pressing both these guys at 55 rbis

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Hill starting when Winckowski is available was a bad decision. Hill does not have a good repertoire and therefore needs exquisite control to survive. But his control sucks and not just tonight.
    Hill very impressive since the dinger, I’m more than happy to say. I hope he gets a quality start.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Hill very impressive since the dinger, I’m more than happy to say. I hope he gets a quality start.
    Meanwhile, the lineup showed real life with no help from the Pirates defense.

For any lack of offense the Sox have experienced in segments of the season, I'm not sure I've seen a scoring slump like the Yankees are drowning in. Too bad for them.. The regular Yankee trolls are very quiet but that's a good thing too.