Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/16 Royals @ Red Sox

Dugo showed much better patience and tied the game with a walk.

Deity
    Xander Bogaerts signaling to the fans and Sox management that Fenway ain't the place he wants to be.

1-0 game, 8th inning, bases loaded, 1 out, and he strikes out by swinging at five pitches comfortably out of the strike zone. Unprofessional in the extreme. You don't make up for that by hustling to 2d base on a double.

Then of course there was the error in Wednesday night's game that led to the Yankees getting 3 unearned runs. I guess the point of that was to show Bello the rookie starter he wasn't so hot after all.

JDM amazingly sets up the win with his rbi. Casas helps with his K though, by swinging at ball 4 , naturally a low breaking ball that would have walked in another run. Anyone who thinks Casas is MLB ready hasn't watched him much

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    JDM amazingly sets up the win with his rbi. Casas helps with his K though, by swinging at ball 4 , naturally a low breaking ball that would have walked in another run. Anyone who thinks Casas is MLB ready hasn't watched him much
    Casas will be the starting first baseman next season.

Deity
    Good point. He needs to follow Bogey's example of complete professionalism, clutch hitting, etc in the last 2 games.

I am of course being unfair to Bogaerts, but that last at bat was pretty awful, given the bottom of the 8th, the Sox down by 1, the bases loaded, and just one out. If he had just shown a tiny bit of restraint or savvy or awareness or something. Swinging at five strait balls for a K was about as bad as it gets.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    Casas will be the starting first baseman next season.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Probably.
    I didn't say he wouldn't be out there at 1B next year. I said he wasn't ready yet. He has all the flaws of the Red Sox hitters who have come through the system recently. Can hit HR's but no plate discipline or pitch recognition. Neither do some long term regulars so it must be a pandemic of free swinging.

Any win is a far better outcome than a loss, but if there are quality starts, maybe there are quality wins too. This wasn't one. The 2 runs that won the game were bases loaded walks. At least that showed some pitch recognition skills.

But the win does help with the impossible dream of a .500 season

Triple A
    Bases loaded, 1 out for X. Please pull this one out

Xander K's on 4 pitches , all slurves, none of which came near the plate
    A walk would have tied the game, and he choked on it
    I have said it before and keep saying it,there is no desire or motivation with this team, starts with the front office, every contending team has had major injuries but didn't give up, no excuse for bad play and I don't want to hear being competitive in 3 years, you may not win but you can play solid baseball

Deity
    Any win is a far better outcome than a loss, but if there are quality starts, maybe there are quality wins too. This wasn't one. The 2 runs that won the game were bases loaded walks. At least that showed some pitch recognition skills.

But the win does help with the impossible dream of a .500 season
    JD singled the second run home…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cukes View Post
    I have said it before and keep saying it,there is no desire or motivation with this team, starts with the front office, every contending team has had major injuries but didn't give up, no excuse for bad play and I don't want to hear being competitive in 3 years, you may not win but you can play solid baseball
    Who is injured on the Yankees?

Nobody has watched him enough to know if he's ready or not.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    I know you like to complain about everything - you complained about a walkoff grand slam, something that only happens a couple times a year. Heck, you complained that a win wasn’t good enough five posts back.

But Casas has 30 career plate appearances. Anyone saying he isn’t ready based on that total isn’t exactly establishing credibility…

The experience Casas is getting is more important than the immediate results.

Deity
    Fact of the Game:

When Salvatore Perez singled to drive home the Royals’ lone run in the sixth, it was the first earned run Wacha had given up after the fifth inning this year…