Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 17 Royals at Red Sox

September 17 Royals at Red Sox

Based on the rules of game threads , I am forced to announce that the Red Sox are playing again today . Rich Hill will be trying to get his +.500 7-6 record heading northward. Royals are offering a legit pitcher today , Brady Singer, showing an 8-4 record , and 3.21 ERA on a team that is 31 games below .500.

Given the Sox difficulties with hitting last night, still a W though, they will probably bust out vs Singer with a 10 run onslaught. It is an ironic team at best in '22.

I appreciate all the corrective notes to yesterday's game threads , which i was hoping i would have all to myself . I'm amazed that some folks here don't recognize the intent of inflaming the fandom passions with specific comments that go back to strong positions held in the more serious threads. They are just trying to get your blood flowing and test your resolve. Glad we all remain 99% apolitical otherwise some of you would be like a teenager on Facebook with apoplexy. Lighten up, it is still early and we only trail the Orioles by 5 1/2 games.

I actually started a game thread 3 min utes before yours, but it worked.

(Maybe I should have started one, today, 3 minutes before yours... LOL.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Those two guys in the NESN booth are as equally boring as the home team on the field.

Everybody Wong Chang, tonight!

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

This is Mr Chang's 4th team this year. Have glove, will travel.

I still firmly believe that the initials DH be changed to DB=Designated Batter, especially regarding JD.

That Witt kid can really pick 'em at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I actually started a game thread 3 min utes before yours, but it worked.

(Maybe I should have started one, today, 3 minutes before yours... LOL.)
    Moon, feel free to PH anytime for me. Just trying to get an 18 game win streak going

15 outs on 53 pitches by Singer. I thought the hitters would be showing up today. They have equaled last night's hit total though, and they did win that game, their 70th of the year. With 18 to go, including this game, they will need 11-7 to get to .500.

The walk up music for Sox batters should all be picked from Grateful Dead songbook.

Too bad that Witt isn't a FA next season.

Condolences to Kevin Plawecki for getting dumped by Chaim . But it makes room for the future stars and fan favorites, in this case a German . Actually that is just the roster spot, since Franklin G. is a pitcher, not a catcher. Those guys are Wong and McGuire.

I wonder what day Cora and Bloom loooked at each other and said , "Let's get a jump on ST. We are going nowhere but home." Probably about September 1.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    The walk up music for Sox batters should all be picked from Grateful Dead songbook.
    Dead on the field, but Grateful for making millions.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-17-2022 at 04:38 PM.

SOX batters this season making the Monster a wall too far.

I like it when Cora yells at the CHumps. It shows the guys he cares, and also how incompetent the arbiters are