Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/18 kc @ sox

Some of our hitters do very well when relaxed with a 8 run lead, but make it a one run game and the hands tighten as do the collars

Casas still struggling , with 2 Ks in as many tries. But I have him penciled in at first in '23. As we did Dalbec in '22.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 09-18-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Some of our hitters do very well when relaxed with a 8 run lead, but make it a one run game and the hands tighten as do the collars

Casas still struggling , with 2 Ks in as many tries. But I have him penciled in at first in '23. As we did Dalbec in '22.
    I remember when the Mets joined the league and how many years it took them to find a reliable 3rd baseman. Btw, the honor of being the Mets' first 3rd baseman goes to Don Zimmer.

Can it be possible ( yes) that Matt Barnes regains his confidence and abilities to be a steady , reliable 7/8th inning reliever ? If so, he can earn out his contract and be a difference maker in the pen.

A positive win today keeping the flickering flame of 80 wins in sight . Going to Cinci to pound the Reds into submission Tues/Wed will let this run continue.

The interesting set up for later next week is to see if Judge will get 61 or 62 against the Sox . Good luck to Aaron .

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Casas and Almonte have a lot in common. They are both rookies learning their craft
    Almonte has almost 1,200 career ABs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Won/Lost can be a misleading statistic when evaluating a pitcher's performance, but based on Nick's other pitching stats it seems
    appropriate that his MLB career W/L is 39-49.
    He's a different pitcher since joining the Sox.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He's a different pitcher since joining the Sox.
    I had no reason to expect anything other than 5+ ERA Pivetta and I keep expecting him to revert. Neither has happened... yet. His ERA is lower this year than last, and he got his career ERA under 5. If he can pitch 160-170 innings with an ERA under 4.50, he’ll always have a job in some teams rotation.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I had no reason to expect anything other than 5+ ERA Pivetta and I keep expecting him to revert. Neither has happened... yet. His ERA is lower this year than last, and he got his career ERA under 5. If he can pitch 160-170 innings with an ERA under 4.50, he’ll always have a job in some teams rotation.
    I agree. I like Pivetta and the attitude he displays on the mound. Like I posted earlier I believe his best years are ahead of him and, hopefully, while he's with the SOX.

Deity
    Almonte has almost 1,200 career ABs.
    And has played in MLB in parts of 10 different seasons…

I had no reason to expect anything other than 5+ ERA Pivetta and I keep expecting him to revert. Neither has happened... yet. His ERA is lower this year than last, and he got his career ERA under 5. If he can pitch 160-170 innings with an ERA under 4.50, heíll always have a job in some teams rotation.
    Being an innings eater helps his WAR a lot. 62nd out of 150 in fWAR among SP'ers from 2021-2022 is pretty damn good for a 4/5 sloy guy.
    Sox 4 Ever