Devers
    Bogey
    Dugo
    JD
    Casas
    REF
    McGuire
    Kike

I'm predicting that Seabold lowers his ERA(11.91) after his start tonight.

Go SOX!

Watched an interesting youtube video earlier regarding the top 10 players who have been snubbed from the MLB HOF. None of the ten were involved in the steroid controversy.
    Schilling was on that list, along with Lou Whitacre, Fred McGriff, Andrew Jones, Todd Helton, Dick Allen, Scott Rolen, Billy Wagner and a couple more. McGriff was sited as the biggest snub.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-21-2022 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Watched an interesting youtube video earlier regarding the top 10 players who have been snubbed from the MLB HOF. None of the ten were involved in the steroid controversy.
    Schilling was on that list, along with Lou Whitacre, Fred McGriff, Andrew Jones, Todd Helton, Dick Allen, Nolan Arenado, Billy Wagner and a couple more. McGriff was sited as the biggest snub.
    If they could kick out the most undeserving 10, or better yet 20, I'd be fine putting them all in.
    Sox 4 Ever

Schilling was on that list, along with Lou Whitacre, Fred McGriff, Andrew Jones, Todd Helton, Dick Allen, Nolan Arenado, Billy Wagner and a couple more. McGriff was sited as the biggest snub.
    Another from the top ten was Keith Hernandez. Considered by many as the best defensive 1st baseman in the history of MLB.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-21-2022 at 05:00 PM.

Another from the top ten was Keith Hernandez. Considered by many as the best defensive 1st baseman in the history of MLB.
    Nolan Arenado ?? Are you just sticking him in to see if we read the post? News to ol' Nolan if he is in the HoF

Chase Anderson is a journeyman hack of a pitcher in the latter stage of his career. The Sox should take this game and sweep the short series, making the Splinter open the NYY 4 game series.

The HBP's vs the Red Sox are getting tiresome. Accidents for sure but still aggravating
    Seabold bops Farmer in the 1st. No payback, just no grip on the ball

Connor K's the Cinn side to get his ERA below 11.00 as predicted by Splendid
    Last edited by vegasbob; 09-21-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Nolan Arenado ?? Are you just sticking him in to see if we read the post? News to ol' Nolan if he is in the HoF
    My bad. It was supposed to be Scott Rolen. I corrected it on the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Actually, these were the top ten players who have not been inducted.

Schilling was on that list, along with Lou Whitacre, Fred McGriff, Andrew Jones, Todd Helton, Dick Allen, Scott Rolen, Billy Wagner and a couple more. McGriff was sited as the biggest snub.
    Of course, none of those guys was as good, nor as influential, nor as famous as Bonds, Clemens, even Rose (whom I detest). If the HoF means anything, then put the best players in. (Also, maybe stop pretending Judge is chasing the HR record. He's not. He's chasing the YANKEE HR record. Do we really care about that?)
    Last edited by jad; 09-21-2022 at 06:24 PM.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Of course, none of those guys was as good, nor as influential, nor as famous as Bonds, Clemens, even Rose (whom I detest). If the HoF means anything, then put the best players in.
    Everyone has an opinion. As for Bonds and Clemens, I detest both. Btw, how come you didn't mention A-rod, whom I also detest?

Attendance in Cincinatti reminds me of pre-1967 Fenway.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Of course, none of those guys was as good, nor as influential, nor as famous as Bonds, Clemens, even Rose (whom I detest). If the HoF means anything, then put the best players in. (Also, maybe stop pretending Judge is chasing the HR record. He's not. He's chasing the YANKEE HR record. Do we really care about that?)
    Judge is chasing the American League HR record. It’s not as impressive; but it is something…

I believe jad is a passive aggressive.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-21-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Deity

I’d put Dwight Evans and Bobby Grich in ahead of most of them…