Register now to remove this ad

Thread: 9/22 Red Sox at Yankees ; First of Four

9/22 Red Sox at Yankees ; First of Four

Normally this would be an exciting series. The only thing to follow though is whether Aaron judge catches and passes Roger Maris 's 61 blasts. I guess there is a possibility , with 4 games, Judge could catch Bonds too

As far as the games go, be like the Red Sox, Whatever ??

So glad to have my own thread, posted about 3 minutes after the one that got used. So here it goes. Soxc lose to another AL East rival but prevented for one day Aaron Judge's assault on the Maris record. The bullpen did blow another save. Couldn't advance nor score runners on second with no outs early in the game . Wacha pitched well enough to win but 9 outs, then 12 proved too much for the BP once again, although a bright spot was Barnes did not blow nor lose it. He may be the surprise factor in '23.

Kike remains a player I choose not to root for . Casas either hits HR's or doesn't hit anything but will work a walk. He should improve . McGuire throws parabolas no matter what NOTIN says.

The Sox cannot finish at .500 with this crew but fortunately, there will be at least 5 or 6 new regulars next year to assess and see if they are winners.