Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/23 SOX @ Yankems 7:05PM ET

All-Star
    Just as night follows day, it a tight game this woefully undermanned bullpen will find a way to lose

Deity
    Shitty uninspired teams always find ways to lose games. That’s the 2022 Red Sox for you. Looking forward to see if 2023 will be another debacle.

That was predictable.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    3 Sox errors have to be Cora's fault too.
    It is. Partly. His team isn’t showing up ready to play. Too much brain dead/I just wanna go home baseball. It’s bs. These guys are paid to play hard for 162 games and that’s obviously not happening. Part of the fault is obviously on the players but part is on Cora too.

How many games has the bullpen lost for us this year. Got to be close to 50!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    How many games has the bullpen lost for us this year. Got to be close to 50!
    Only if you choose to blame them for 50.

Hill and the defense did worse tonight.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Whether Hill, and the D did worse, or not the BP has cost them games since opening day.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    It is. Partly. His team isn’t showing up ready to play. Too much brain dead/I just wanna go home baseball. It’s bs. These guys are paid to play hard for 162 games and that’s obviously not happening. Part of the fault is obviously on the players but part is on Cora too.
    there is no motivation or morale boosting on this team, been that way all season and will not change ever, I don't get myself aggravated anymore for weak leadership all around, nothing we can do about inept baseball

Rookie
    You have to give credit where credit is due. He is having an amazing season and from what I have read about him he is very down to earth.
    Hard for me to hate the guy even though he is a Yankee.
    Judge deserves what he is doing, give credit where it is due, never complains like a 324 million dollar crybaby, not a Yankee fan but I wish him well a real stand up guy, I rooted for Pujols another stand up guy and he got what he worked for, congratulations

Deity
    Actually, I think Pham and Chang did show up to play their very best, and the problem is they just aren't that good in the field. Pham has little range, little judgment, and not much of an arm, even for a left fielder. Chang was a pick-up they were trying out at SS and looked lost on that popup, which Bogey would have caught easily. And Strahm let the pressure get to him with that terrible pickoff throw.

It there's an area in which your theory--that guys are just going through the motions--might be true it's RISP disease, which seems to have hit the Sox especially hard this year, especially in the 2d half of the season.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Absolutely. Hill gave up 4 runs in 5 innings, and the bullpen 1 run in 3 innings. Two of the errors--by Pham and Chang--were just crappy play. Strahm had 2 outs and walked Cabrera, then made a horrible throw to 1b which put Bader on 3b. However, because Bader scored on a single to CF, the scorers decided it was an earned run under the assumption that Bader would have stolen 2b in any case.