Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: 9/30/2022 Last Road Trip to Toronto

  1. #1
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511

    9/30/2022 Last Road Trip to Toronto

    Tough game tonight vs the Jays Alek Manoah (15-7; 2.31 ERA; !.00 Whip) , who tends to have a big mouth., matching his 285 pound ass.

    The Jays have locked up their wild card entry, so maybe will rest some usual starters .

    Nick Pivetta will need his best stuff to try and get his 10-11 record levelled . The Sox are still climbing the hill towards .500 but have no room for slippage here.

    Keep the Win streak going , Nicky.

  2. #2
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511
    In a space/time continuum long ago and far away , the Sox made their last trip to Toronto, short Duran and Houck, June 27-29 . The team dropped 2 of 3 , but finished the month 20-6 with high expectations to be competing for at least a WC slot.

    July, August and September proved to be the end of that dream as injuries to the starting pitching and a a weak approach to the trade deadline sealed the deal for 2022. A couple bright spots have emerged . A win tonight would result in a 13-13 September . Casas may be solving the 1B vacancy . Bello shows the talent and competitiveness to be a winner with more experience and decent hitting/fielding support. McGuire/Wong duo may be adequate at catcher for'23. Verdugo shows he can hit well enough to hold RF or LF. Whether he comes back or not, Xander showed grit , determination and ability in his contract option year, a true professional.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Tough game tonight vs the Jays Alek Manoah (15-7; 2.31 ERA; !.00 Whip) , who tends to have a big mouth., matching his 285 pound ass.

    The Jays have locked up their wild card entry, so maybe will rest some usual starters .

    Nick Pivetta will need his best stuff to try and get his 10-11 record levelled . The Sox are still climbing the hill towards .500 but have no room for slippage here.

    Keep the Win streak going , Nicky.
    Toronto hasn't locked up the fourth seed ( first wild card ) spot yet. It matters because it would give them home field for the best of three series with the Rays or Mariners. Until they do that , they will probably play their regulars.
    Old school is good school.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    6,575
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Toronto hasn't locked up the fourth seed ( first wild card ) spot yet. It matters because it would give them home field for the best of three series with the Rays or Mariners. Until they do that , they will probably play their regulars.
    Boston certainly aren’t putting their best team on the field tonight, which I think they should do with Toronto still fighting with other teams for playoff positioning. Putting Duran Duran the Butterfly Man in the lineup is not doing that at all. Just the opposite.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    6,575
    It’s nice of Duran to show up tonight when the games for all content, and purposes don’t mean anything, but couldn’t show up last time the Red Sox were in Toronto when the games did. They should have left him home.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,794
    This game is about to get out of hand IN THE FIRST INNING.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,141
    Red Sox wins this weekend will be welcome (by someone who has tickets to the unlikely Game 3 of the Wild Card Series in Seattle).

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,794
    4-0
    Game over
    God this team sucks.
    Is it next Thursday yet?
    Henry owes us an apology

  9. #9
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511
    Pivetta takes 89 pitches to complete 4 innings and allows 4 runs, aided by a WP and PB to set up runners on 3rd , who are then delivered. Blu4e Jays lineup features 5 guys with .800+ OPS's. Sox show 4 but 2 of them are Casas and Almonte on small samples sizes.

  10. #10
    With Pivetta the SOX at least have their #5 starter locked in for next season.

  11. #11
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    It’s nice of Duran to show up tonight when the games for all content, and purposes don’t mean anything, but couldn’t show up last time the Red Sox were in Toronto when the games did. They should have left him home.
    Turns out that ORT was the unvax'ed this time . And tomorrow Justin Castro Trudeau's government lifts its restrictions on allowing unvax'ed visitors, so all is forgiven.

  12. #12
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    With Pivetta the SOX at least have their #5 starter locked in for next season.
    Given Nick's pricing and the ability to start 32 games this year, I am sure he will be in the mix.

  13. #13
    Legend vegasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    8,511
    Duran shows the team how to hit Manoah. Blow the bat up and bloop it out into no man's land

    Erased by a Devers DP
    Last edited by vegasbob; 09-30-2022 at 08:15 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Given Nick's pricing and the ability to start 32 games this year, I am sure he will be in the mix.
    They could do far worse for a #5. If he’s pencilled in as the #3, they are in deep trouble for 2023.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

  15. #15
    Bogey's BA is dropping faster than an Acme anvil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •