Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/01 SOX @ Jays

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    It's gonna cost a lot more than 60 mil to fix the holes in this current SOX team.
    This team quit playing awhile back. Anyway this season has been a huge failure. It started off with a crappy start right from the beginning. I still find it hard to believe they’re this bad but it is what it is. This team has been playing dead for weeks.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    This team quit playing awhile back. Anyway this season has been a huge failure. It started off with a crappy start right from the beginning. I still find it hard to believe they’re this bad but it is what it is. This team has been playing dead for weeks.
    I have been saying for months there is no motivation or morale boosting on this team, in any sport it starts with the front office and management and we are anemic, the past doesn't count if you can not try to maintain being competitive, we are less than competitive, we are embarrassing. Blue Jays improved, Orioles improved, low paying Rays are always steady and we went backwards, why, nobody to crack the whip with the ability to improve players attitude or give them good help when they need a boost

Quote Originally Posted by cukes View Post
    I have been saying for months there is no motivation or morale boosting on this team, in any sport it starts with the front office and management and we are anemic, the past doesn't count if you can not try to maintain being competitive, we are less than competitive, we are embarrassing. Blue Jays improved, Orioles improved, low paying Rays are always steady and we went backwards, why, nobody to crack the whip with the ability to improve players attitude or give them good help when they need a boost
    Teams do tend to look unmotivated when they're losing.

You can blame it on Cora if you want. I think he did what he could, considering his starting rotation was decimated by injuries and his bullpen was mostly a pigpen.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Teams do tend to look unmotivated when they're losing.
    It's like the chicken or egg coming first.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It's like the chicken or egg coming first.
    Agreed.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.