Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/3 vs Devil Rays

10/3 vs Devil Rays

Hill vs Glasnow
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Sheik View Post
    Devers? Number 1! Mayer? Number 2? Bloom? Haack-ptooey!

Deity
    Devil Rays?

They haven’t used that name since 2007…

Stuck in a time warp.
    Sox 4 Ever

Just glad that Hosmer can play a few games. What is the chance of him taking his opt out? About .001% . Maybe' Eric is the cheap answer at DH in some sort of a platoon. 1B for a LH hitter may be taken by Casas already.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Just glad that Hosmer can play a few games. What is the chance of him taking his opt out? About .001% . Maybe' Eric is the cheap answer at DH in some sort of a platoon. 1B for a LH hitter may be taken by Casas already.
    At min wage and a LH'd bat, I think he makes the opening day roster as a back-up 1Bman and platoon DH.

It's certainly not ideal, but we will likely have to go cheap, maybe here is that place.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    At min wage and a LH'd bat, I think he makes the opening day roster as a back-up 1Bman and platoon DH.

It's certainly not ideal, but we will likely have to go cheap, maybe here is that place.
    He’ll be gone before opening day. He’s just not needed and radios up a far too valuable 40 man roster spot.

He might get traded, but more likely is just DFAd.

Ironically the best fit in a trade is San Diego, as their current 1b will be a free agent, they dealt their top 1b prospect, and they’re already paying Hosmer anyway…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He’ll be gone before opening day. He’s just not needed and radios up a far too valuable 40 man roster spot.
    Radios?

I think your phone is losing it, man.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Radios?

I have an eight-track of Seger's Against the Wind. I think it was before he signed for over $300 million with Texas.

He might get traded, but more likely is just DFAd.

Ironically the best fit in a trade is San Diego, as their current 1b will be a free agent, they dealt their top 1b prospect, and they’re already paying Hosmer anyway…
    I disagree. Except for reverse splits, this year, he has done very well vs RHPs, and I doubt we spend big on a DH. We have other LH'de bats that can platoon at DH with him, already in the system.

I won't be surprised, if he's traded, but I don't think he will be DFA'd. We may trade Dalbec, and that would eliminate the RH'd competition for platoon DH and back-up 1Bman. We'd get more for Dalbec and Hosmer is as cheap as can be.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Radios?

I got to stop dragging my finger around this matchbook sized keyboard….

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I disagree. Except for reverse splits, this year, he has done very well vs RHPs, and I doubt we spend big on a DH. We have other LH'de bats that can platoon at DH with him, already in the system.

I won't be surprised, if he's traded, but I don't think he will be DFA'd. We may trade Dalbec, and that would eliminate the RH'd competition for platoon DH and back-up 1Bman. We'd get more for Dalbec and Hosmer is as cheap as can be.

With the exception of a pandemic-shortened 2020, Hosmer has not posted an OPS north of .800 since 2018.

He’s just not a DH..

Some things just do not change. Fall behind in the first on a Wandering HR, then get 2 on , no outs in bottom 1, and fail to score , starting with JDM K'ing. Story of a season lost. Speaking of Story, think he'll be ready for ST ?? He and Sale should rent a condo together and see who falls off the balcony first . I would recommend a ground floor unit.

With the exception of a pandemic-shortened 2020, Hosmer has not posted an OPS north of .800 since 2018.

He’s just not a DH..
    Platoon- not FT.

v RHP
    .754 2021
    .974 2020
    .781 2019
    .829 2018
    .939 2017

.783 from 2018-2022.
    .760 from 2020-2022

I'm not all gah gah over a .750 DH slot, but that's what we had this year.
    I'm not excited over a .750 1B, but it's better than .690- like we had this year.

Until we add someone better v RHPs, I'm keeping the min wage player on the 26.

BTW, our DH and 1B positions are both under .750, this year.
    Sox 4 Ever