Dugie
    JD
    Kiké
    Hosmer
    Arroyo
    McGuire
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Looks like AC is going all in today to sweep the Rays . How is the weather today ?

JDM whacks a 3 run HR above the bullpen. JD must prefer cool weather to the hot summer as his FA audition gets a boost.

Pivetta with 70 pitches through one out in the 3rd , gives up a 2 run shot to Choi. Fat LH hitters are often Boston's nemeses. In most parks it was a flyball to left

Bogey and now JD have started padding their RBI totals, just in time!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I figured that it would not matter much what anyone did: a player who did not perform during the last week would be hammered by 'true' fans; a player who did perform would also be hammered by 'true' fans. That's why I am glad not to be a true fan; I can actually get some pleasure out of watching great athletes do well.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Oof. Gonna miss Eck.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Oof. Gonna miss Eck.
    I finally agreed with something you posted. Amazing.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Bogey and now JD have started padding their RBI totals, just in time!
    Where was JD 2 months ago when the season was in the balance ?! Infuriating to see him now remember how to hit when it’s garbage time.

And if one thinks he's gonna miss ECK now, one is gonna miss him a lot more when he's replaced by Youk next year.

SOX fans have had the privilege of having Remy and ECK doing the color and both have been excellent in their own individual way. And OB does play-by-play better than most.

I believe that almost excellent catch by Dugo pretty much sums up the SOX season.

So who closes out the 9th of the last game of the season? Do we have a closer ? Maybe next Spring

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I believe that almost excellent catch by Dugo pretty much sums up the SOX season.
    It pretty much sums up Verdugo -- he's always seems almost good.

The preceding comment comes via a poster whose ex once called him almost good-looking.