Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 211 to 224 of 224

Thread: MLB 2022 Playoffs Thread

  1. #211
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Not so solid:

    2022:
    .998 v L
    1.020 v R

    Career:
    .980 v R
    .963 v L

    It's close, but still not true.


    Really what that says is whatever arm the pitcher uses, Yordan just don’t care…

  2. #212
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,428
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Really what that says is whatever arm the pitcher uses, Yordan just don’t care…
    It sure looks that way.

    He's "solid" against any arm.
    Sox 4 Ever

  3. #213
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    26,666
    This past postseason should have a strong impact on convincing people that the playoffs truly are very largely a crapshoot.

  4. #214
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    38,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This past postseason should have a strong impact on convincing people that the playoffs truly are very largely a crapshoot.
    The Phils certainly made it look that way. Some might argue that the Astros are showing that they are built for the postseason, having made it to 4 of the last 6 WS, and 6 straight LCS.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  5. #215
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Phils certainly made it look that way. Some might argue that the Astros are showing that they are built for the postseason, having made it to 4 of the last 6 WS, and 6 straight LCS.
    They can pitch. End of argument…

  6. #216
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    This past postseason should have a strong impact on convincing people that the playoffs truly are very largely a crapshoot.
    The Phillies did, yes, but the clearly best team won.
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #217
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    38,881
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They can pitch. End of argument…
    So your position is that pitching eliminates the crapshoot factor.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  8. #218
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    62,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So your position is that pitching eliminates the crapshoot factor.
    It sure does help. One could argue "crapshoot" on the fact that the AL Cy Young Award winner was not the one that carried the Astros to a ring.
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #219
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So your position is that pitching eliminates the crapshoot factor.
    It doesn’t eliminate it, but it does mitigate it…

  10. #220
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It sure does help. One could argue "crapshoot" on the fact that the AL Cy Young Award winner was not the one that carried the Astros to a ring.
    Or the fact that the Phillies rode the worst bullpen of all the postseason teams into the World Series…

  11. #221
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    38,881
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It doesn’t eliminate it, but it does mitigate it…
    So what the Red Sox really need to do is upgrade their Crapshoot Mitigation Staff.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  12. #222
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So what the Red Sox really need to do is upgrade their Crapshoot Mitigation Staff.
    Absolutely.

    And ideally do so while keeping Whitlock in the crapshoot mitigation bullpen…

  13. #223
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    38,881
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Absolutely.

    And ideally do so while keeping Whitlock in the crapshoot mitigation bullpen…
    It appears you will be disappointed on that count, to start the season at least...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  14. #224
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It appears you will be disappointed on that count, to start the season at least...
    I fully expect to be…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •