Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117

Thread: Yankees 2022 playoff thread

  1. #1

    Yankees 2022 playoff thread

    Cole was not sharp early but found his groove and was very effective. Our decimated pen locked it down. The bats got a couple out of the stadium and Yanks up 1-0. Itís a good day!
    Hal sucks

  2. #2
    Boone screwed the pooch. Wandy never goes 3 innings. Why now? Holmes only available in an emergency? That was not an emergency? Boone is a fucktard
    Hal sucks

  3. #3
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    48,374
    And under the circumstances, why not go a little longer with Trivino and/or Loaisiga?

    Boone always seems to end up looking like a doofus.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  4. #4
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43,348
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Boone screwed the pooch. Wandy never goes 3 innings. Why now? Holmes only available in an emergency? That was not an emergency? Boone is a fucktard
    Look at the bright side. Today might be his last game…

  5. #5
    Clarke Schmidt?????? In the biggest game of the year? In the words of tennis great, John McEnroe, " You can't be serious."
    Old school is good school.

  6. #6
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    82,978
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Clarke Schmidt?????? In the biggest game of the year? In the words of tennis great, John McEnroe, " You can't be serious."
    What happened to the vaunted Yankee starter depth?

    They had a long rest before this series and a day off after game 1, and this is what they have?

    Cashman shoulda kept Montgomery.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What happened to the vaunted Yankee starter depth?

    They had a long rest before this series and a day off after game 1, and this is what they have?

    Cashman shoulda kept Montgomery.
    Starter depth has nothing to do with it. These games, like most games in baseball these days, comes down to the bullpens.
    Old school is good school.

  8. #8
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    82,978
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Starter depth has nothing to do with it. These games, like most games in baseball these days, comes down to the bullpens.
    Then, why bring up the starter issue?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  9. #9
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    48,374
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Starter depth has nothing to do with it. These games, like most games in baseball these days, comes down to the bullpens.
    The Yankees bullpen is decimated.

    No Chapman
    No Britton
    No Green
    No King
    No Effross
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  10. #10
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    48,374
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Then, why bring up the starter issue?
    He didn't.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  11. #11
    Our starters handed over a lead or tie in all 3 games. Our starters havenít been the issue

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Then, why bring up the starter issue?
    I didn't bring up the starter issue. What are you talking about ?
    Old school is good school.

  13. #13
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    48,374
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I didn't bring up the starter issue. What are you talking about ?
    He got mixed up. He thought Schmidt started for the Yankees.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  14. #14
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    82,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    He got mixed up. He thought Schmidt started for the Yankees.
    Yes. Once again, my bad. I forgot Cole was starting, today.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Yankees bullpen is decimated.

    No Chapman
    No Britton
    No Green
    No King
    No Effross
    It is decimated . But you still have to work with what you have. You need structure. You need a plan . Who is going to close ? Who has the 8th ? The seventh ? When should they warm up and get ready. Who are they likely to face ? What is the plan ? If Holmes is the closer , he should have pitched the 9th. If he can 't go , Loaisga is probably the best option. Boone was bewildered. And I hate to say it because I like the guy , but so was Dave Roberts. His lack of a plan and structure was very apparent in the Dodger meltdown.
    Old school is good school.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •