Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 126 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1887

Thread: 2023 Prospects

  1. #181
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544

    According to soxprospects.com, the ETAs...

    Grads in '22: Bello, Crawford, Winckowski, Wong, Ort & Duran

    Experience in '22:
    2. Casas
    23. Kelly

    2023:
    4. Rafaela
    6. Mata
    5. Yorke
    9. Walter
    13. Murphy
    17. E Valdez
    26. Hamilton
    27. Fernandez
    (33. C Koss, 38. RHern, 41. T Broadway, 48. O Mosqueda, 57. C Shugart)

    2024:
    1. Mayer (late '23???)
    14. Lugo
    20. Kavadas
    22. Drohan
    24. Abreu
    (35. Binelas, 39. Jimenez, 40. S Scott, 46. T Denlinger)

    2025:
    11. Paulina
    12. Gonzalez
    15. Jordan
    16. Bonaci
    18. Hickey
    29. Guerrero
    30. McDonough
    (37. J Salazar, C Meidroth, A Bastardo, J Encarnacion)

    2026:
    3. Bleis
    7. Romero
    10. Perales
    19. E R-C
    21. Coffey
    25. Brannon
    28. Paez
    (31. M Alcantara, 32. F Encarnacion)
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #182
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Sox 4 Ever

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Wow, three more potential relievers. It's nice to grow a farm full of arms, but it would be helpful if a few of them were grafted to starters.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Wow, three more potential relievers. It's nice to grow a farm full of arms, but it would be helpful if a few of them were grafted to starters.
    I mean, you're not wrong on the Sox system not having a ton of high-caliber starter types BUT, these are also prospects ranked below 50. I don't think anyone's system has ever projected someone that low to be a starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

  5. #185
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I mean, you're not wrong on the Sox system not having a ton of high-caliber starter types BUT, these are also prospects ranked below 50. I don't think anyone's system has ever projected someone that low to be a starter.
    Also, most over 50, or even over 40 (and 30 in some systems) are never expected to sniff the bigs.
    Sox 4 Ever

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Also, most over 50, or even over 40 (and 30 in some systems) are never expected to sniff the bigs.
    There's also so much fluidity between the rankings too the further you go down. There's not nearly as much of a difference between 20 and 60 as there is 19 and 1.

    Guys in that range are either career Milbers or maybe emergency depth types. Or they're are very young and raw and just breaking into the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

  7. #187
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    There's also so much fluidity between the rankings too the further you go down. There's not nearly as much of a difference between 20 and 60 as there is 19 and 1.

    Guys in that range are either career Milbers or maybe emergency depth types. Or they're are very young and raw and just breaking into the list.
    True, we do know some top 10 players did start off between 20 and 60.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #188
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    65,275
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True, we do know some top 10 players did start off between 20 and 60.
    Most FCL guys start off low in the rankings. Rafaela, Bonaci, Paulino weren't all top 20 guys. Bleis was kind of an exception as he got a big bonus up front and there were lots of people high on his potential from day one.

    The highest ranked INTL signing from 2023 started off at 49. None of the others are ranked at all. You have to give those guys a little bit to develop.

    I believe even Kavadas' first ranking was 40 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

  9. #189
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

    I believe even Kavadas' first ranking was 40 or higher.
    I know he is 24 and projects as a DH type, but why is he still only ranked 20th?
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #190
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    65,275
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I know he is 24 and projects as a DH type, but why is he still only ranked 20th?
    He hasn’t hit well at AA. Slow bat. No position. That limits his outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

  11. #191
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He hasn’t hit well at AA. Slow bat. No position. That limits his outlook.
    He only had 81 ABs at AA and still managed a .370 OBP, but I get your point.
    Sox 4 Ever

  12. #192
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    65,275
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He only had 81 ABs at AA and still managed a .370 OBP, but I get your point.
    His bat needs to carry him at every level. There are some questions about it. We’ll see if he struggles with the cold weather early on or if he pushes to WOO.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

  13. #193
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    His bat needs to carry him at every level. There are some questions about it. We’ll see if he struggles with the cold weather early on or if he pushes to WOO.
    What kind of odds do you give him for making a meaningful ML contribution at 1B or DH?
    Sox 4 Ever

  14. #194
    TalkSox Ascended Master mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    65,275
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What kind of odds do you give him for making a meaningful ML contribution at 1B or DH?
    For BOS? Less than 25%. Maybe a platoon bat? IDK.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

  15. #195
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,544
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    For BOS? Less than 25%. Maybe a platoon bat? IDK.
    We may need a DH in 2 years, but 25% seems about right.

    Maybe he's trade bait.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •