Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Henry boo'd at Bruin game

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I buy very little into the Sox extending Devers because Henry got Boo'd.
    Well, I'm just a guy who likes to be fun at parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Right on that saying I was tongue in cheek in saying Henry must be one of the bad guys for listening , and appearing on sports talk radio, but not as an opinion of mine, but more of an opinion of yours, because sports talk radio is bad even though SoxTalk is just another form of sports talk radio, and we all appear on here.
    Now, you are doing what you criticize me of doing.

I never said sports talk shows are bad or that all who listen or respond to them are bad.

I said some of the opinions I heard while in New England were extreme, and that some of the talk show hosts stated things not supported by facts.

I kinda think it's cool JH showed up at a talk show station and spoke up.

A also, never tried to even imply that the influence of crybaby fans was always bad, like you painted my opinion as meaning.

I do wish he had not listened to them at the deadline, but I'm glad he did on Devers, assuming it had something to do with these two choices- which we don't really know, if it had any affect at all on either choice.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    No one should. Although when Henry was at the game he might have been wishing they wrapped the deal a week earlier.
    With the Winter Fest coming up, I think it made him realize a deal had to get done before then or that it would be ugly.

Deity
    Now, you are doing what you criticize me of doing.

I never said sports talk shows are bad or that all who listen or respond to them are bad.

I said some of the opinions I heard while in New England were extreme, and that some of the talk show hosts stated things not supported by facts.

I kinda think it's cool JH showed up at a talk show station and spoke up.

A also, never tried to even imply that the influence of crybaby fans was always bad, like you painted my opinion as meaning.

I do wish he had not listened to them at the deadline, but I'm glad he did on Devers, assuming it had something to do with these two choices- which we don't really know, if it had any affect at all on either choice.
    You do realize that SoxTalk is just another form of sports talk radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    You do realize that SoxTalk is just another form of sports talk radio?
    Yes, except in written form. Again, I never said it was all bad, just like this site is not all bad.

I think it was you who didn't consider talk shows social media.

No one should. Although when Henry was at the game he might have been wishing they wrapped the deal a week earlier.
    Oh without a doubt, and I have no doubt that it can't exacberate realities. In other words, I think he knew before the game that they needed to make a very strong real push to resign Devers and sooner than later. This may have been an exception.

The fan base needed a win, we finally got one. One! we have ONE people.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

I know I bag on Henry a lot, but at least NESN isn't going into the toilet yet.

While Diamond Sports Group appears set to default on $140 million in interest payments, a move which is expected to trigger a bankruptcy filing in the coming weeks, its 19 Bally Sports properties aren’t the only RSNs feeling a financial pinch. According to multiple league, finance and network sources, the three AT&T SportsNet brands in recent weeks have handed over lighter-than-expected envelopes to their respective MLB franchise partners.

An executive with direct knowledge of the RSNs’ financial dealings confirmed to Sportico that the AT&T outlets in Denver, Houston and Pittsburgh submitted their most recent rights payments to their MLB clubs in a timely fashion, although the disbursements were not commensurate with the contracted rates. The teams impacted by the shortfall are the Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros and Pittsburgh Pirates.

The precise amount of the funds withheld is not known but is said to be significant enough to have catalyzed concerns about the long-term viability of the three networks.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I know I bag on Henry a lot, but at least NESN isn't going into the toilet yet.

While Diamond Sports Group appears set to default on $140 million in interest payments, a move which is expected to trigger a bankruptcy filing in the coming weeks, its 19 Bally Sports properties aren’t the only RSNs feeling a financial pinch. According to multiple league, finance and network sources, the three AT&T SportsNet brands in recent weeks have handed over lighter-than-expected envelopes to their respective MLB franchise partners.

An executive with direct knowledge of the RSNs’ financial dealings confirmed to Sportico that the AT&T outlets in Denver, Houston and Pittsburgh submitted their most recent rights payments to their MLB clubs in a timely fashion, although the disbursements were not commensurate with the contracted rates. The teams impacted by the shortfall are the Colorado Rockies, Houston Astros and Pittsburgh Pirates.

The precise amount of the funds withheld is not known but is said to be significant enough to have catalyzed concerns about the long-term viability of the three networks.
    Might this be the first sign that the bubble is going to burst at some point?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Might this be the first sign that the bubble is going to burst at some point?
    Manfred basically said that he'd make sure local MLB rights would be handled, but there would still be issues over the short term for many fans. MLB is propped up by tv revenue that I don't entirely believe is real.

I bet Henry knows exactly how much he's making off of NESN. These other owners are just making the tv money second hand.

At least Henry isn't the most unlikeable owner in the division. From the desk of John Angelos:

“I'm glad we were in a full rebuild because it was what was recommended and was the right thing. Also, we were fortunate that as the world hit a pandemic, we were stripped down to that [level]. That was just good luck, really.”

At least Henry isn't the most unlikeable owner in the division. From the desk of John Angelos:

“I'm glad we were in a full rebuild because it was what was recommended and was the right thing. Also, we were fortunate that as the world hit a pandemic, we were stripped down to that [level]. That was just good luck, really.”
    He added...

“It would be nice if we could attract strategic people who care about Baltimore, who care about the way we’re doing this now, who care about the example Camden Yards set and want to be part of it...”

He added...

“It would be nice if we could attract strategic people who care about Baltimore, who care about the way we’re doing this now, who care about the example Camden Yards set and want to be part of it...”
    Gobbledygook.

Q: What, if anything, do you think you could have done differently in the negotiations with Xander Bogaerts?

A: We could have offered 12 years!

https://www.overthemonster.com/2023/...he-damn-dishes

Q: What, if anything, do you think you could have done differently in the negotiations with Xander Bogaerts?

A: We could have offered 12 years!

https://www.overthemonster.com/2023/...he-damn-dishes
    Yes, that was a bit saucy, wasn't it?

To be fair, Henry did say some very nice things about Red Sox fans in that e-mail interview with Jen McCaffrey.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Yes, that was a bit saucy, wasn't it?

To be fair, Henry did say some very nice things about Red Sox fans in that e-mail interview with Jen McCaffrey.
    Here is the John Henry interview from Sean McAdam at the Boston Sports Journal:

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/...nd-chaim-bloom

Behind a paywall, the interview of Henry by Jen McCaffrey at The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/4229567/2023...shared_article