Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2023 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Silly story, but good for a few chuckles.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2023/03/15/ya...light-internet
    The only other team to charge their players for WiFi: the Cincinnati Reds. Good company to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Volpe, Peraza and Dominguez are tearing it up. I think Peraza wins the SS job. It looks like they're turning IKF into the super sub since their super sub is gonna win the LF job (Cabrera). Volpe deserves better, but Peraza is ahead of him and is gonna be a good one. I would not mind seeing a mid season deal moving Torres so we can bring up Volpe for 2b
    Hal sucks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @stephapstein
    I went to journalism school so I could provide you with this exclusive exposé: The Yankees charge their players for internet on the team plane.

“It’s your fault,” they tell one another. “Your contract is too big, so they can’t pay for the Wi-Fi.”
    Hey at least they didn’t cut the dental plan for the accounting office again…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Hey at least they didn’t cut the dental plan for the accounting office again…
    The Wi-Fi thing is just a way for the team to recoup the extra money it has to spend on players' haircuts and shaves.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Wi-Fi thing is just a way for the team to recoup the extra money it has to spend on players' haircuts and shaves.
    What they need are WiFi-enabled electric razors…

Looks like one of the kids won the OD SS job. Intrigued to see which one
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The stupidity on this thread is deafening

1. Paxton is 4 years older than Rodon.
    2. Rodon made 55 starts the last 2 seasons, Paxton made 1
    3. Paxton has made a total of 6 starts the last 3 years combined
    4. Paxton is coming off back and elbow surgeries since he last pitched a full season

Guys, one player (Paxton) is probably in his final season in the majors. The other is a guy who had a CY voted on season last year. Paxton has had major injuries as has Rodon. But Paxton continues to have minor muscular ailments keeping him off the field. He is a broken down old horse. Rodon, as long as he escapes major injury with this elbow issue, should be expected to have a solid year. But that is still in question
    You missed the part where I said Rodon is where Paxton was 3-4 years ago, when you were calling Paxton injury prone, even as a Yankee!

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You missed the part where I said Rodon is where Paxton was 3-4 years ago, when you were calling Paxton injury prone, even as a Yankee!
    Rodon has been injury prone. But to say he is heading down Paxton's path is pretty dumb right now. Paxton literally fell apart.
    Hal sucks

Rodon has been injury prone. But to say he is heading down Paxton's path is pretty dumb right now. Paxton literally fell apart.
    Yes, the comparison is silly in many ways. The Sox risked $10 million on Paxton. The Yankees risked $162 million on Rodon.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I never said he was heading down his path. I said they had very similar histories when both were 28-30 years old. Both show(ed) promise, but have/had recent injury issues.

Paxton actually had 3 years in a row over 120 IP before joining the Yanks for the 2019 season, when he went 160 IP. You called him unreliable, back then.

Rodon is at age 30, now. he has 310 IP over the last 2 years. Paxton had 296. Rodon only has 2 seasons over 120+ IP since 2018- Paxton had 3 in a row at age 30. That's all I'm saying.

They had similar injury histories by age 29-30, and you called one injury prone and had little hope Paxton could stay healthy after age 30, but with Rodon, you have much higher expectations.

Yes, there is merit to thinking 310 IP over the last 2 seasons is promising, but Paxton had very close to that at a similar time in their age progressions and injury histories. it's undeniable and far from "dumb" to compare the two.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Volpe with a legit chance to be opening day SS.
    Hal sucks

And Sevy to start the season on the IL with a low grade lat strain. Accounting for setbacks in rehab he should be ready to pitch out of the bullpen by September

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    And Sevy to start the season on the IL with a low grade lat strain. Accounting for setbacks in rehab he should be ready to pitch out of the bullpen by September
    Every starter in the rotation except Cole has already had health issues, they're starting a rookie at the most important position behind the mound, and they're World Series favorites? Ok...

Deity
    Volpe with a legit chance to be opening day SS.
    Calling it out as not happening. Unless all the other SS candidates in front of him get converted to SP in order to backfill the rotation…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Every starter in the rotation except Cole has already had health issues, they're starting a rookie at the most important position behind the mound, and they're World Series favorites? Ok...
    A lot of that is more because of the annual volume of bets folks place on them and not really the quality of the team. Much like with the Cubs…