Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4/2 vs O’s

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Baseball involves two things that are increasingly difficult as you get older: names and narrative. My mother loved watching sports on tv, but couldn't listen on the radio. Baseball for her was like a series of disconnected snapshots, no sense of what inning it was, who was ahead etc And couldn't really come up with players' names except (this was 10-15 years ago), say, George Scott and Luis Tiant, maybe Ted Williams and Carleton Fisk on a good day.
    George Scott is going to be honored at tonight's game! I hope the Sox can hit a lot of taters in his memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    George Scott is going to be honored at tonight's game! I hope the Sox can hit a lot of taters in his memory.
    He was a great player. Too bad we did not have him during his age 28-32 seasons.

The trade to the Brewers is a big reason I'm a Sox fan. I moved from Milwaukee to Maine in 1971, and my favorite player, Tommy Harper went to the Sox in that trade. That's the reason I switched to being a Sox fan.

Later, we traded Cecil Cooper for Scott and Carbo. Cooper went on to hit .809 in 11 seasons with the Brew Crew. He had a 6 year stretch of .879.
    .319 BA
    .359 OBP
    .512 SLG
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?