Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    Why doesn't he post here anymore? Also, why do you follow scrubs on twitter?
    I didn't follow him. I saw that someone named Jeremy Forsyth made that comment and that he was also a Titans fan and CPA. Just put two and two together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    Old timey humor folks.
    No, that was all the racist dudes getting mad that they signed him when "all Koreans are bad at baseball."
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    No, that was all the racist dudes getting mad that they signed him when "all Koreans are bad at baseball."
    That’s not all that “old.”

In fact, racism is a live and well, and making a strong comeback.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

an 18-year-old high schooler who could throw 95+ would get at least $300K in the draft here so, not sure what these guys don't like? his control? BREAKING NEWS 18 YEAR OLD TEENAGER STRUGGLES WITH COMMAND.

Yeah, that's a real high-risk guy to draft in the first round and waste 1/2 your bonus pool on when the hit rate on high school pitchers is the lowest in baseball. This sounds like the same level of risk as he's of the same age but he only costs you $300k so so what. I'm pretty sure no one will complain about bringing in a young pitching prospect who has potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

an 18-year-old high schooler who could throw 95+ would get at least $300K in the draft here so, not sure what these guys don't like? his control? BREAKING NEWS 18 YEAR OLD TEENAGER STRUGGLES WITH COMMAND.

Yeah, that's a real high-risk guy to draft in the first round and waste 1/2 your bonus pool on when the hit rate on high school pitchers is the lowest in baseball. This sounds like the same level of risk as he's of the same age but he only costs you $300k so so what. I'm pretty sure no one will complain about bringing in a young pitching prospect who has potential.
    He’s like an extra first round pick.

@kileymcd
    SS Justin Riemer (Wright State) has signed with the Red Sox for $500,000, per source.

He was the 133rd pick. The slot value was $487,800.

Riemer tore his ACL early in the season but had a chance to work into the second round. He ranked 119th on my board
    I get MV Pee.

@kileymcd
    SS Justin Riemer (Wright State) has signed with the Red Sox for $500,000, per source.

He was the 133rd pick. The slot value was $487,800.

Riemer tore his ACL early in the season but had a chance to work into the second round. He ranked 119th on my board
    How much bonus pool money is remaining?

Enough for one more signing?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That’s not all that “old.”

In fact, racism is a live and well, and making a strong comeback.
    It never went away, so it's not really a comeback.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

All-Star
    How much bonus pool money is remaining?

Enough for one more signing?
    They can offer someone $158,655, so no, this concludes our draft.

All-Star
    He’s like an extra first round pick.
    Kind of yeah, I have no ideal where he would have been drafted if he were state side. Completely guessing here but I could see him as a supplemental first round pick or 2nd round.

That’s a very promising young player, still more Henry Owens than studs in there but that’s no different from any other young pitcher. It’s very risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Kind of yeah, I have no ideal where he would have been drafted if he were state side. Completely guessing here but I could see him as a supplemental first round pick or 2nd round.

That’s a very promising young player, still more Henry Owens than studs in there but that’s no different from any other young pitcher. It’s very risky.
    No, this guy is probably lower in the draft. Maybe at best like an ERC who was drafted in the 4th round? Probably later on though.
    I get MV Pee.

No, this guy is probably lower in the draft. Maybe at best like an ERC who was drafted in the 4th round? Probably later on though.
    I think both our assumptions are conjecture. Also, wasn't there talk of him going #1 overall? which, I'm not sure means much over there but that level of talent can vary year by year as well. The #1 overall pick in Korea could be a back of the first round guy here one year and maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick the next. But 95+ MPH, 18 years old....someone would draft him in the first several rounds here.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

OR, he's the type of guy that gets drafted after the 10th round and has middle round money thrown at him. High risk, high reward prospect....but how risky is spending 300k???

ERC was a 4th round pick, thinking about this more and how little I actually know about the kid and that sounds about right.
    Last edited by A Red Sox fan named Hugh; 07-25-2023 at 05:20 PM.