Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beltran

Ouch... I got owned...

Major Leaguer
    I am really sick of hearing about Beltran.

if cubs cant get rid of sosa he is goin to yanks
    Like to talk more then Just sox
    http://balloonmaster.proboards44.com/index.cgi
    It great site to talk about other sports and your sox or your Fav. team sim leaguie on the way March of 2005

Where would Sosa play if he went to the Yanks, and why would they even be interested??

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by stocker323@Dec 20 2004, 08:35 PM
    Where would Sosa play if he went to the Yanks, and why would they even be interested??
    he meant that if Sosa leaves they'll try and get Beltran. Even if that happens I don't think the Cubs will outbid the Yanks unless the Cubbies give out a astronomical number like Texas did with A-Rod. But knowing the Cubs owners they won't.
    Just remember Red Sox fans. We are all Yankees!

it's really only between yankees and astros, cubs are sort of in the backround.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Originally posted by Yanksin2010@Dec 20 2004, 10:18 PM
    it's really only between yankees and astros, cubs are sort of in the backround.
    the cubs are in it if they trade sammy sosa. theve been trying to trade him to free up space to go after beltran.
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

If the cubs can unload Sosa I think they are gona get Beltran. If not he is goin to be a D-RAY.

oriolesrule5 made a funny.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Now with Alou gone they freed up some more money. Is Beltran now moved up higher on the list?

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Dec 28 2004, 02:21 PM
    Now with Alou gone they freed up some more money. Is Beltran now moved up higher on the list?
    yes. but before they can even think of getting beltran they have to trade sammy. trading sammy has been the cubs #1 offseason priority for them. when they get that done (i think they will) and if beltran isnt already with the yanks or astros i think beltran will be a cub next season. i dont think he'll get his 200 million over 10 years though.
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

He says he won't settle for anything beside that 200 mill 10 year deal so I'm not sure your right about that but you are right that if Yanks or Astros don't happen it's Cubbies but I'd say:

Astros: 52% chance
    Yanks: 38% chance
    Cubs: 10% chance

Super Moderator
    lovin the weird percentages, besides hes gunna have to settle for less than 200 mill 10 years, last i heard on espn, the yanks were interested but not even they were willing to pay that much.

200 for 10 is absolutely ridiculous. If he's asking for that he deserves to be ignored until he fires Boras.

Whoever takes him is pretty much who he will be with the rest of his career. It's insane to pay that much but wasn't Arod somewhere around that ballpark for the Yankees. I don't remember...