Register now to remove this ad

Page 622 of 622 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622
Results 9,316 to 9,329 of 9329

Thread: Red Sox: Off Season '23-'24

  1. #9316
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    40,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Unless it’s an actual fact, or stat everything else is just an opinion on here that ALL are entitled to.
    Unless that opinion is held by moon and states that the team is playing well or can improve…

  2. #9317
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    That you didn’t bare about OPS and thought replacing Renfroe’s RBIs was most important…
    I didn’t bare? I don’t care about OPS, and the Red Sox have still not replaced Renfroe’s 96 RBI in the OF. We’ll see if the Red Sox can replace JT’s RBI this year?

  3. #9318
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Unless that opinion is held by moon and states that the team is playing well or can improve…
    You worry so much about your little moon pie heel tag team partner, but your quick to poh poh, and try to down the Old Schoolers.

  4. #9319
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    40,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    You worry so much about your little moon pie heel tag team partner, but your quick to poh poh, and try to down the Old Schoolers.
    Are you crying victim here?

  5. #9320
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Are you crying victim here?
    No! It’s on Que, and so predictable, but try as you must it doesn’t work.

  6. #9321
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, but some things are just obvious. Like the Phillies giving 172 million to a guy who's 32-31 in his last 3 seasons. That's just a plain old fact.
    The funny part is, their hero was they guy who signed that loser.
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #9322
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,484
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I don't care if he goes 10-11, as long as the team wins the majority of his starts. As I said before, Lackey's worst W-L record in Boston was in 2013...
    Exactly. In theory, he could be 10-11, but the team goes 23-11 in his starts.

    If wins are what counts most, use wins in starts not stupid W-L records created by someone who thinks they alone knows what determines who deserves the win or loss.

    The list of the all time best pitchers by wins and or winning % is a very good one.

    I think the list of greats ranked by ERA, ERA-, WAR or OPS Against shows a better list and a better order. Just my take.
    Last edited by moonslav59; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #9323
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,484
    Pitchers who pitch for bad teams or bad offensive and defensive teams can never be a great pitcher.

    How often do you hear people say, pitcher A had a 2.90 career ERA over 18 years, but the stat is so flawed, he really wasn't very good?
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #9324
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    79,484
    King Felix was 169-136 career (.554 %)
    Take away his best 2 W-L season in '09 and '15, and he was 132-122 in his other 13 seasons. That averages to a 10-9 record. He really sucked, those years.

    The 3.42 ERA and 117 ERA+ was just a mirage.


    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #9325
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The funny part is, their hero was they guy who signed that loser.
    The funny part is that their hero is thought of that way by a majority of RSN, where is your hero the infamous Gloom, and Doom Bloom isn’t. Don’t know what your point was, but it sure wasn’t a good one.🙈🤭🤮

  11. #9326
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    40,817
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    King Felix was 169-136 career (.554 %)
    Take away his best 2 W-L season in '09 and '15, and he was 132-122 in his other 13 seasons. That averages to a 10-9 record. He really sucked, those years.

    The 3.42 ERA and 117 ERA+ was just a mirage.


    But.. but… but… he’s entitled to his opinion.

    Of course the Stat Head crowd isn’t treating this like an opinion. We’re providing data that leads to a conclusion…

  12. #9327
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But.. but… but… he’s entitled to his opinion.

    Of course the Stat Head crowd isn’t treating this like an opinion. We’re providing data that leads to a conclusion…
    Just like your opinion that guarding the 1B, and 3B lines were the same as the shift even though there was facts to back it up that it wasn’t. Now that is providing data to prove it wasn’t, and also to a conclusion.

  13. #9328
    Baseball school: Teacher: " Johnny, what is the most games Jordan Montgomery has won in a season? " Johnny: " Ten.". Teacher: " Very good. Has Felix Hernandez ever done that ? " Johnny: " Yes, King Felix exceeded that in ten different seasons. " Teacher: " Right. And what did we learn from that? " Johnny: " Don't try to compare Montgomery with Felix Hernandez ? " Teacher: " Correct. Good job, Johnny. " The point is that I did not say that Montgomery was not a good pitcher. He clearly is. I just pointed out that he has never won more than ten games in a season. And that is the reality. The plain truth.
    Old school is good school.

  14. #9329
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    11,152

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Baseball school: Teacher: " Johnny, what is the most games Jordan Montgomery has won in a season? " Johnny: " Ten.". Teacher: " Very good. Has Felix Hernandez ever done that ? " Johnny: " Yes, King Felix exceeded that in ten different seasons. " Teacher: " Right. And what did we learn from that? " Johnny: " Don't try to compare Montgomery with Felix Hernandez ? " Teacher: " Correct. Good job, Johnny. " The point is that I did not say that Montgomery was not a good pitcher. He clearly is. I just pointed out that he has never won more than ten games in a season. And that is the reality. The plain truth.
    👍👍👍. The problem is that people that over analyzes that runs rampant on here goes off in all different directions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •