Yoshida LF,
    Story SS,
    Abreu CF,
    Dalbec 1B,
    Valdez 2B,
    McGuire C
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

If you are watching these games, you are a sicko.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

I can't wait for this game to start. Unfortunately, Merloni won't be in the booth. I guess I'm a sicko, but I am getting my vaccine shot next week.

I think you are right MVP78. These guys and the ones following them are sick. I just want to see how low they can go, and Houck, Devers, etc are not disappointing. 2 runs in in the first , a lost challenge, Dever's error and wall ball, all with NOT ONE out achieved by Tanner

6 batters, still no outs, 3 runs in

That wasn't so bad once Houck got to the bottom of the order. Good start on another loss.
    Last edited by vegasbob; 09-26-2023 at 06:32 PM.

yikes
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I think you are right MVP78. These guys and the ones following them are sick. I just want to see how low they can go, and Houck, Devers, etc are not disappointing. 2 runs in in the first , a lost challenge, Dever's error and wall ball, all with NOT ONE out achieved by Tanner

6 batters, still no outs, 3 runs in
    The last 3 hits haven’t exactly been roped, but that’s the way it’s been for Tampa against the Sox this year.

That being said, Houck’s command has been terrible.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I'm concerned about Houck's pitch count.

I hope O'Brien keeps reminding all of us that Devers is only 2 away from a 100 rbi season. Regrettably, Raffy's error count is now only 79 behind his rbi count.

Deity
    I predict 2 wins for the Sox out of these last 7 games.

That would leave them at a 77 and 85 record for the year. Then again, they might lose all 7 which is not out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

That would leave them at a 77 and 85 record for the year. Then again, they might lose all 7 which is not out of the realm of possibility.
    77-85 or 75-87. Does it really matter?

With Youk in the booth and Houck on the mound, it doesn't get any better than this.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    77-85 or 75-87. Does it really matter?
    No it doesn't. I gave up on my 500 season prediction so long ago.

Clearly I was brimming with optimism when I made that prediction.

Dugout conversation after the 1st...

Cora to Houck: "Dude, BP was at 5; this is the real game, now." Tanner: "I know. I was serving meatballs because I wanted to see if someone could drill that lazy slug at third for me."

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post

It’s 6 games, and I expect they will lose all 6, unless the orioles wrap it up and rest some players for the last game or 2.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscars View Post
    It’s 6 games, and I expect they will lose all 6, unless the orioles wrap it up and rest some players for the last game or 2.
    You are correct. My bad. I thought this was a 3 game series. Its only two games. Mercy from the scheduling gods.