Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Predict the 2024 AL East standings

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They did win it last year. And then added a former Cy Young winner…
    The Sox came in last two years ago and added a two-time Cy Young... and sustained their status woe!

Can the Sox even lose the division? Don't they need to be in contention before they can blow it?

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    The Sox came in last two years ago and added a two-time Cy Young... and sustained their status woe!

Can the Sox even lose the division? Don't they need to be in contention before they can blow it?
    The worst we can do is to stay the same: last place.

LeMahieu to start season on IL.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Last place is likely again but we could do worse by having a lower winning percentage.

Deity
    LeMahieu to start season on IL.
    The Yankees acquired Joe Berti from Miami to fill in for him.

Must be nice when injuries trigger the front office to react on occasion. Per BTV, the Yankees underpaid for him…

Must be nice when injuries trigger the front office to react on occasion. Per BTV, the Yankees underpaid for him…
    Whadaya mean -- Giolito is lost, Uwasawa is found!

The guy they traded for:

John Cruz is the only player that Fangraphs has tracked (at least since 2006) to have been younger than 18 and have a .900+ OPS in over 200 plate appearances at the complex

Obviously he's super young and a lot can happen, but his FCL performance was literally unheard of

John Cruz, who is everyone's favorite breakout prospect, is heading to Miami.
    18 year old with projection, hit 10 HR in 48 CPX games last year.
    Made good in-zone contact(83%) and had a 101 90th percentile EV which is solid for his age.

John Cruz is already a Top 200 prospect for me and realistically could be Top 50 overall by the end of 2024.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Oh, we can do MUCH worse than that!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    Well March 28 is finally here. Is everyone excited? For me I’ll be watching March Madness tonight, and then the Celtics, and Bruins will be in the PS for who knows how long, so the Red Sox will be on the back burner for awhile, so hopefully when they come to the front they will be somewhat relevant. Good luck to those who will be keeping a close eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Well March 28 is finally here. Is everyone excited? For me I’ll be watching March Madness tonight, and then the Celtics, and Bruins will be in the PS for who knows how long, so the Red Sox will be on the back burner for awhile, so hopefully when they come to the front they will be somewhat relevant. Good luck to those who will be keeping a close eye on things.
    So this is your last post on the Red Sox for a while then. OK, catch you after the Celts and Bruins are done.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    So this is your last post on the Red Sox for a while then. OK, catch you after the Celts and Bruins are done.
    Come on man! You know there is still box scores, and highlights, which is better than listening to OB, and the Yuckers.🙈🤭

Come on man! You know there is still box scores, and highlights, which is better than listening to OB, and the Yuckers.����
    There are mute buttons and radios and things like that.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    There are mute buttons and radios and things like that.
    The radios used to sync up, but they don’t do that anymore.

I know I am going into this season with excitement about a lot of our players- most are young and promising, and some have already shown glimpses of high level skills.

I'm not expecting much more than 80-84 wins, and losing sucks, but I'm looking forward to seeing how our future starts to take shape.

I'll be watching the minors, more this year, and I hope some prospects take big steps forward.

Let the game begin!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I'll put the game on, but likely won't finish it. I have no interest in March Madness.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")